Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Oh right the main stream media is pro Rangers,really was it not them that were pushing the story that they had broke the law?When later it actually emerged that most of there dealings was legal,apart from not paying there tax.If anything the anti Rangers media made the case sound lost before it was even fought,found them guilty without the due evidence required in a normal state of law.

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand the point you're making through your tears

Are you trying to suggest John Fleck was anything other than average?

Born in Aberdeen.

We hours ago Wiki said he was born in Leicester. Says Aberdeen now though. :lol:

Exhibit A: Mr C Eriksen of Denmark, capped a month after turning 18. If ever a country needed to fast track it's best young talent it's us. It's like that Seinfeld episode, lets just do The Opposite of what we normally do, as that just hasn't been working.

Exactly. Eriksen is 21 years old and has over 40 senior international caps to his name.

is going to be a superstar.

In Scotland we have an archaic attitude to lots of aspects of football. Holland, who are obviously much better than us, just named a guy in their senior squad who made his first team debut 3 weeks ago.

We have no meaningful games for the next year. Gauld is clearly going to make that number 10 role in behind the striker his own sooner or later.

Should he not be chucked in now give him as much experience as possible before the games start to count? IMO he shoud feature in the games against Norway and USA, I would have him in the squad and start him in both.

Totally agree Gauldy will be a superstar he has been brilliant for United and could quite easy be a star for the national team for next 15years. Id leave him in the under 21s the next 2 games and take it from there.

What surprised me most about Gauld is his fitness for a young lad. He ran and ran in the recent Cup game between ICT and Dundee United and never looked tired. He really does look something special.

But then so many folk were leaping around with semis when John Fleck broke into the Rangers first team, and his career went south swiftly.

The only people in Scotland raving about John Fleck were the idiots at the Daily Ranger and the Scottish Sun. Everybody else knew he was an average chub with a Monster Munch addiction. He's probably at his true level just now.

Give wee Gauldy a bit of time. He's bloody good just now but he's got a wee bit to go until he's ready for the full squad. Give him 5 or 6 games in the U21s first to see how he copes.

Jamie Ness is the best young player that I have saw come through Scottish football in a long time.Just a shame he is made of glass,would have broken into the Stoke team long ago.Thought he had better passing range than Adam,and was faster and as good in the air and at tackling at a lot younger age.

Eriksen was playing in a real league though,up against PSV and Feyernord Almar,good teams better than we have in this nation.So would clearly have been more ready than Gauld in the long term.Gauld needs to move to improve,even if its a championship club that will play him every week.And look at Bournemouth the age of Fraser does not count against him.And is one of the first names on the sheet doing really well.

What I've found about Gauld, and it's something you can pick up going to the game, is his ability to find space and drop off his man/men, it's an uncanny ability which the very best players posses. Allied to his eye for goal & willingness to take players on, it bodes very well for the future.

Jamie Ness is the best young player that I have saw come through Scottish football in a long time.Just a shame he is made of glass,would have broken into the Stoke team long ago.Thought he had better passing range than Adam,and was faster and as good in the air and at tackling at a lot younger age.

Eriksen was playing in a real league though,up against PSV and Feyernord Almar,good teams better than we have in this nation.So would clearly have been more ready than Gauld in the long term.Gauld needs to move to improve,even if its a championship club that will play him every week.And look at Bournemouth the age of Fraser does not count against him.And is one of the first names on the sheet doing really well.

Your earlier hilarious breakdown in the thread renders any point you make utterly meaningless.

Never had a break down,unlike most people I actually admit when I am wrong.Also you can look up the comments that Walter Smith made about Ness.

Said he was the best young player that he ever worked with,and would have played more games if not for the injury when he came in from Kilmarnock.Pretty good when you think he has worked with a young world cup winner in Rino Gattuso,and a young Wayne Rooney at Everton.

Ness is at Stoke in the top flight,how is he over hyped?Stoke have made it into Europe,are a decent team.Punch well above there weight,you sound jealous.Just like every other fan of a provincial club in here.All you teutars give it that your the big Scotland fans,but Rangers bring more through for Scottish football than all your clubs up there and in the rest of Scottish football.If Gauld proves as good then I will be chuffed.What Ness lacked was goals,but he had everything else in his locker.And they would have come just like they did for Barry Ferguson,could not hit a barn door.And then scored into doubles went on a run before moving to Blackburn.

What do people (those reading this) think about John McGinn?

I think he is a smashing wee player, and would go as far to say that I reckon he'll play for Scotland.

McGinn is proving to be a top quality 1st choice left winger for us at the moment, buzzes around and never stops running and has an eye for a great pass,destroyed Wannyama is midfield battle in last seasons semi final and ran the show in the final. Have to say Gauld certainly looks a couple of steps better than McGinn's level already which is credit to the lad and here's hoping he stays clear of injury and get's plenty of game's.

Edited by robbie bobson