Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

It's pretty clear though that circumstances have a significant bearing on careers. It just hasn't worked out for Gauld - It's not necessarily down to him. You have to imagine the interest from the EPL isn't that strong and understandably so as he isn't really playing at a high level. 
It is absolutely down to him if he's not playing at a higher level. That goes for any player.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:
It's pretty clear though that circumstances have a significant bearing on careers. It just hasn't worked out for Gauld - It's not necessarily down to him. You have to imagine the interest from the EPL isn't that strong and understandably so as he isn't really playing at a high level. 

It is absolutely down to him if he's not playing at a higher level. That goes for any player.

Oh what should he have done better then? Are you a control freak? 

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Worked harder.

Haha no, are you a raging fandan?

Well more Grim Fandango than raging fandan. I know Ryan Gauld and he was the first into training and the last out, regularly staying behind to practice his freekicks, work on his game and do extras in the gym. 

Edited by 2426255

14 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Well more Grim Fandango than raging fandan. I know Ryan Gauld and he was the first into training and the last out, regularly staying behind to practice his freekicks, work on his game and do extras in the gym. 

You a stalker or something? 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He has a point though, you've no idea how hard Gauld has worked. And if hard work was all you required to get to the top we should've won the World Cup by now. 

Finally some respect on this forum, it's been long overdue - a proud moment!

If you're a masochist you could go through this thread and find the injury problems and the manager change at Sporting as he was beginning to get time in the first team. You can't explain away an entire career with 'wrong place wrong time' but it can certainly be applied in places to Gauld.

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
On 21/07/2021 at 11:58, 2426255 said:
nah, me and wee gauldy are just good pals

You're right I've no idea as I was being a f@nny. I wish more young players would go abroad like he's done, it can only be for the good of our overall game.

Based on what?

Of the Italian squad for Euro 2020, they all play domestically with the exception of 2 at Chelsea and 2 at PSG. Of the English squad at Euro 2020, they all play domestically with the exception of 2 at Dortmund and 1 at Atletico.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Based on what?

Of the Italian squad for Euro 2020, they all play domestically with the exception of 2 at Chelsea and 2 at PSG. Of the English squad at Euro 2020, they all play domestically with the exception of 2 at Dortmund and 1 at Atletico.

I think the more players we have with experience of playing in different styles/leagues etc, the better. It's just something I've thought for a long time. Hickey at Bologne is terrific in the long run I believe for him and us. 

Based on what?

Your going to have to sit down for this news. The Scottish league is not as strong as the Italian league or the English league.

So thats why its better for scottish players to learn abroad, where as Italian players can learn in the superior Italian or english league.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Your going to have to sit down for this news. The Scottish league is not as strong as the Italian league.

So thats why its better for scottish players to learn abroad, where as Italian players can learn in the superior Italian league.

I assumed England was not "abroad" for us

I assumed England was not "abroad" for us

Based on what?

You said they all play domestically, I dont consider the English league as domestically. Wether abroad, or down south. Both leagues are much stronger, so the points lost

5 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You said they all play domestically, I dont consider the English league as domestically. Wether abroad, or down south. Both leagues are much stronger, so the points lost

We are in agreement.