Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

That's a good point, joining Real Madrid would be such an escape there's no media crawling all over them 24 hours a day. Perhaps if that's not quiet enough he could go to Bayern Munich.

I see what you did there, very quick, but what I meant was the media attention on him, not the club.

So did I. They have big clubs abroad too and their players get harassed by their press just as much as Man Utd's sometimes even more.

Agreed but these clubs also have a dozen or so other young stars playing for them so in that sense the focus wouldn't be all on him, the British press are notorious for their overbearing and prying. I am not saying the foreign press are perfect but the continental approach would be beneficial to him, in my opinion.

So what do people think will eventually spell the end for this generation's young Scottish superstar? Will it be the brutal, knee-high killer tackle from some Romanian no-mark on his Scotland debut, or the inevitably career-ending move tO Celtic?

I'm praying we finally get a break and one of our bright talents finally goes on to fulfil his potential, minus any complications.

Knowing our luck his get leprosy or something. Honestly most of our decent players are either bams who have ruined it for themselves by 26 (O'Connor, Riordan, Goodwillie) or get freak injuries/illnesses at 28ish (Gordon, Fletcher).

Knowing our luck his get leprosy or something. Honestly most of our decent players are either bams who have ruined it for themselves by 26 (O'Connor, Riordan, Goodwillie) or get freak injuries/illnesses at 28ish (Gordon, Fletcher).

:lol:

True, had that crop of players actually fulfilled their potential / survived we would be looking at a much stronger Scotland squad. Shame.

My money is on Gauld being hit by a comet.

It's at the point where every week I'm looking for news of United games, worrying that I'm going be read about Gauld breaking his leg. Wrap him in cotton wool please.

I cringe every time I see him running at pace at defenders. The recent games against Partick for example. Studs caught in the turf while being innocuously challenged, ends up bruised up and almost misses a match. Then scythed down three times from memory against Killie, the first with the defender battering his legs at speed.

If anyone hurts him, we should form a mob and lynch them. Completely unacceptable behaviour.

I can actually imagine if anyone clearly did him proper then you'd have United fans out of the stands chasing the perpetrator around the pitch.

Gauld (and GMS for that matter) must have had titanium implants in their legs over the summer as they are being chopped left right and centre every week but just get on with it.

Bannigan's red-card chop on GMS was a near-certain ligament tearer, flying in at knee height from the side.

Gauld (and GMS for that matter) must have had titanium implants in their legs over the summer as they are being chopped left right and centre every week but just get on with it.

Bannigan's red-card chop on GMS was a near-certain ligament tearer, flying in at knee height from the side.

:bairn:bairn Awww! Poor wee diddums!! Man Up, it's a mans game!