Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25146585#asset

BBC Interview link above, have to say he seems like he's got a very sensible head on his shoulders. Nothing seems to be phasing the lad and he's content that he's getting first team chances at United. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses and will try to get along to watch United play at some point. He genuinely does look rather astonishing, almost like Iniesta in some ways.

Edited by rw89

Really hope he makes it. Having watched that BBC video, he seems like a cracking guy. The kid's definitely got it - he tore us apart the other week and his attitude is spot on, we've just got to hope he doesn't suffer a major injury or make the wrong transfer move. Personally I'd call him up and start him in our next friendly to see how he handles it. We don't need to rush him into the qualifying campaign matches, but give him a friendly and test him out. Considering our lack of options at centre-half, I'd think about doing the same with Souttar too.

I've recently started contributing to the Terrace Podcast, and we recorded a bonus feature about Gauld on Monday night if anyone wants to have a listen. Even if it's just to laugh at how stupid my voice sounds.

CLICK ME

Didn't expect you to sound like that for some reason. I have a voice primed for broadcast. 8)

Incidental my mum though he seemed like "a nice boy, well spoken, and not at all like that Wayne Rooney". That's an endorsement.

Edited by Enigma

I've recently started contributing to the Terrace Podcast, and we recorded a bonus feature about Gauld on Monday night if anyone wants to have a listen. Even if it's just to laugh at how stupid my voice sounds.

CLICK ME

Nice bit of footy chat. Hopefully the 'Tartan Owl' will blaze a trail into La Liga :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25146585#asset

BBC Interview link above, have to say he seems like he's got a very sensible head on his shoulders. Nothing seems to be phasing the lad and he's content that he's getting first team chances at United. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses and will try to get along to watch Thistle play at some point. He genuinely does look rather astonishing, almost like Iniesta in some ways.

If Gauld moves to Thistle then I for one will be disappointed with his progress :ass

I think that it's hard not to want him to play when he's so young but there is always the risk that all this hype could eventually ruin him. It's also good to see him say he wants to move to Europe rather than just the Premier League.

I think that it's hard not to want him to play when he's so young but there is always the risk that all this hype could eventually ruin him. It's also good to see him say he wants to move to Europe rather than just the Premier League.

I don't think the hype will ruin him, he seems to be very level-headed.

I don't think the hype will ruin him, he seems to be very level-headed.

I agree that he seems to be level-headed. I suppose he doesn't seem to have the same neds around him that Riordan had.

I think it was on The Scotsman's website this morning that Manchester United had bid £3 million for him. For me he has to go anywhere but the Premier League.

ETA: When I use the Riordan comparison, I don't mean to say that Riordan was ever level-headed.

Edited by ginge123

Has there been any serious interest from the continent for Gauld? I think I saw something about Barca and Madrid but I took that with a pinch of salt to be honest.

Nothing concrete, it would be my preference for him to go overseas, he actually said he would choose to go abroad if he was given the opportunity. I just think a European club could nurture his talent in a better way and in a better environment, plus it would give him a break from media attention so he can concentrate on his football.