Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Been named in the MLS Team of the Week too. The goal he set up is below. The tweet does him a disservice too, it should read Gauld to Caicedo to Gauld to White to Goal

Amazing achievement considering Vancouver aren't in the MLS too?

Gauld came on at half time. Definitely looking sharper. Was initially credited with the first goal as well but it was already over the line. Regardless of that, it was excellent following up after the ball came down off the underside of the bar to get there before the defender. Great header in the 89th minute to win the game. Vancouver aren't anywhere near the best team in the division but he  is playing in a very good league, regardless of what Marshmallo,  that font of footballing knowledge, would have you believe. Would hope that Clarke at least keeps an eye on him.

On 03/08/2021 at 09:12, Lex said:

Lewis Morgan (who is younger than Gauld and actually has full Scotland caps) had a good season for Inter Miami in the MLS last year. 38 appearances six goals as a winger.
There was no clamour for him to get called up to the euro squad and he wasn’t. He almost certainly won’t be in the squad next month either. Wrongly in my opinion, but he is a bit out of sight out of mind playing over there.
If he can’t get in the discussion the chance of Gauld getting his first cap while playing in Canada are slim to none. Unless he comes back to Europe in the next couple of years the mini Messi will likely retire uncapped.

Uncapped possibly  .......but  retiring a multi millionaire who has seen the world ? .................Sounds ok to me. 

Scored a peach of a winner at the weekend by the way.  Maybe just starting to settle in and show his potential at this level.  

Who Gauld is competing against to get into the national team:

• Attacking Midfield: McGinn, Turnbull, Armstrong, Forrest.
  • Support Striker:  Fraser, Christie.

I just don't see who he would replace from that lot. The Celtic boys are playing so well. John McGinn and Ryan Fraser have been good in Scotland shirts so I suppose based on popular opinion Stuart Armstrong although he tends to play on the left side in the midfield which isn't the norm for Ryan Gauld right? 

Edited by 2426255

Gauld scored twice in the Canadian Championship yesterday against lower league Pacific FC (who play in a league where Fraser Aird is one of the top stars)

Unfortunately Vancouver still lost 4-3 and sacked their manager today

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Gauld scored twice in the Canadian Championship yesterday against lower league Pacific FC (who play in a league where Fraser Aird is one of the top stars)

Unfortunately Vancouver still lost 4-3 and sacked their manager today

What do you make of Gauld?

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

What do you make of Gauld?

He's looked good from what I have seen.  His passing and his energy seems to do well in MLS.  Not sure where he would fit in a Steve Clarke Scotland setup as he's a player that likes to run with the ball