Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

4 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Reported that gauld has over 30 clubs offering him deals.

I cant imagine the likes of Christie being coveted the same.

If as reported braga is one of them, I can see him going there. And doing well.

He seems pretty comfortable in Portugal. Wherever he goes he just needs to keep playing.

I'm pretty sure there would be at least 30 clubs interested in signing Ryan Christie if he was on a free too. The number of clubs interested isn't important, the quality is.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure there would be at least 30 clubs interested in signing Ryan Christie if he was on a free too. The number of clubs interested isn't important, the quality is.

Reported tonight Southampton are in for him now also. Are they good enough quality for you?

Tbh you couldn't really expect much better chasing a guy who's teams just been relegated in Portugal.

Ryan Christie is coming up to 6 months left on his deal, so will be available on a pre contract anytime. So let's see what happens.

I hope Christie does get a good move also, I hope they both do.

Forgive me, but I've lost track of this thread (because I've been tanning wine all night): Bing, are you saying Christie is pish, or just not as good as Gauld?

FWIW, Christie absolutely has been relatively (compared to previous, recent seasons) cack this season, whereas Gauld has been relatively good.
But taking a wider view, I really don't see a huge difference between them, other than that Christie has recently and vitally delivered for Scotland (i.e. the Serbia playoff). For that reason, I can see why SSC picked him.

I also feel the need to distance myself from Supras' "Steve Clarke mate in Portugal liar shame" headline.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

FWIW, Christie absolutely has been relatively (compared to previous, recent seasons) cack this season, whereas Gauld has been relatively good.

You may be out your tree, but thats pretty much what I'm saying.

And also bear in mind gauld has had a harder route to here than Christie. Gaulds had it all to prove and is proving it.

I think gauld has the bigger potential of the 2, but thats just my opinion.

12 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Reported tonight Southampton are in for him now also. Are they good enough quality for you?

Tbh you couldn't really expect much better chasing a guy who's teams just been relegated in Portugal.

Ryan Christie is coming up to 6 months left on his deal, so will be available on a pre contract anytime. So let's see what happens.

I hope Christie does get a good move also, I hope they both do.

It'd be great to see Gauld link up with Armstrong at Southampton.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

That Utd team could have won the fucking title. Absolute ballers.

That United team could have won the title if we'd been able to keep all those kids together for a few years - which is impossible - hence why Scottish fitba is essentially pointless.

Just now, ArabFC said:

That United team could have won the title if we'd been able to keep all those kids together for a few years - which is impossible - hence why Scottish fitba is essentially pointless.

Aye, might have been worth it just borrow loads of money win the title once go bankrupt and start again. Would have been back in the top flight by now anyway.

Aye, might have been worth it just borrow loads of money win the title once go bankrupt and start again. Would have been back in the top flight by now anyway.
Surely a club the size of United would have been voted straight back into the top league anyway or it might have been armageddon for a lot of smaller clubs

27 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Surely a club the size of United would have been voted straight back into the top league anyway or it might have been armageddon for a lot of smaller clubs

Its a fair point 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...