Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Remarkably both could have played for Scotland.

Aye, apparently Coates' dad contacted the SFA to say his son was eligible and doing really well have a look at him etc when he was 18/19 but they didn't. 

He's a top player now, would have been very handy for us the last few years. About 12 feet tall too so good for set pieces.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Coates' family moved to Uruguay "three or four generations ago" according to the man himself, so it's unlikely he would have been eligible for us.

Aye apart from the fact his dad's from Scotland obviously

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/268925/Liverpool-s-Sebastian-Coates-is-a-Scots-no

12 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Second best player in Portugal and cannae get in an expanded Scotland squad - it’s mental!

Not even among the reserve list apparently

schitts creek wtf GIF by CBC

Clarke stated that there wasn’t a reserve list. 

He had an argument to get in the squad, but it’s certainly not mental that he isn’t. 

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Clarke stated that there wasn’t a reserve list. 

He had an argument to get in the squad, but it’s certainly not mental that he isn’t. 

They sent out 31 fit for duty notices or whatever, and Gauld didn't get one. So that's a reserve list of five basically.

Which is pretty shocking. I think Clarke just doesn't fancy him, or just hasn't bothered his arse to monitor his progress.

They sent out 31 fit for duty notices or whatever, and Gauld didn't get one. So that's a reserve list of five basically.
Which is pretty shocking. I think Clarke just doesn't fancy him, or just hasn't bothered his arse to monitor his progress.
Dunno, he's clearly tracked Hendry playing abroad, so he's not being lazy about non British based players

Just now, Gordopolis said:
22 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Dunno, he's clearly tracked Hendry playing abroad, so he's not being lazy about non British based players

He clearly lied about what he said about Gauld though. He said his mate in Portugal is keeping an eye on him for him. But how could that be true?  No fans are allowed in the ground. So his 'mate' couldn't possibly be going to watch him for him.

And if Clarke wants to watch Gauld's games he can watch every single one from the comfort of his living room. So his 'mate' in Portugal isn't in a better position to keep an eye on Gauld than he is.

I think he just doesn't fancy him, you'd need to know how he talks in private with his coaches to know what he really thinks. 

42 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Why would Clarke say there isn’t a reserve list if there is...

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cause officially there isn't, but they send out fit for duty notices to players before the squad is announced. They sent 31, and named 26. So what would you call that?

Clarke also came out and said those not named stay fit as you might be needed.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean do you seriously think there wouldn't be one?

What if you have two injuries in the next couple of weeks then another three in the two friendlies?

Do we just go with a squad of 20?  Or do well call up people who might have been on the piss and eating McDonalds for three weeks by that point?

Just cause he hasn't officially called it a reserve list there's obviously a reserve list, there always is.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I mean do you seriously think there wouldn't be one?

What if you have two injuries in the next couple of weeks then another three in the two friendlies?

Do we just go with a squad of 20?  Or do well call up people who might have been on the piss and eating McDonalds for three weeks by that point?

Just cause he hasn't officially called it a reserve list there's obviously a reserve list, there always is.

He said that people should be ready, but there is no reserve list. I don’t see why he would lie about that tbh. Not that I’m bothered either way.

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He said that people should be ready, but there is no reserve list. I don’t see why he would lie about that tbh. Not that I’m bothered either way.

I'm just trying to explain how it works. Some people get offended when you try to explain things to them. Do you think he expects about thirty Scottish players to basically forego their holiday just incase, the ones who had fit for duty notices sent out are the ones he will choose from. That's a reserve list, whether you call it that or not, that's what it is.

4 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Cause officially there isn't, but they send out fit for duty notices to players before the squad is announced. They sent 31, and named 26. So what would you call that?

Clarke also came out and said those not named stay fit as you might be needed.

Who are the other five players?

7 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye apart from the fact his dad's from Scotland obviously

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/268925/Liverpool-s-Sebastian-Coates-is-a-Scots-no

The Liverpool article directly quotes Coates and clears the rumours about his background. His Dad isn't Scottish but has Scottish ancestry. Simple as that. Besides, I'd imagine international managers are constantly trying to make lines of inquiries with players who they think might be eligible for the country.

I'm just trying to explain how it works. Some people get offended when you try to explain things to them. Do you think he expects about thirty Scottish players to basically forego their holiday just incase, the ones who had fit for duty notices sent out are the ones he will choose from. That's a reserve list, whether you call it that or not, that's what it is.
Do you know for a fact that 31 of these were sent out or is this just made up shit?