Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Yes, but there is a reason Porto & Benfica have traded the league for over a decade - and Sporting have this season just got back in. It is an extremely top heavy league (as most similar ones are) and this bizarrely seems to paint the picture in people’s minds (that haven’t watched a single minute of the league) that the rest is of the same standard. Which (as you’ve pointed out with Rangers) simply isn’t the case.  

Nobody said its of the same standard. We said its better than ours. By the same token you seem to be assuming the rest of our league is of the same standard as Rangers.

Just now, TheGoon said:

Yes, but there is a reason Porto & Benfica have traded the league for over a decade - and Sporting have this season just got back in. It is an extremely top heavy league (as most similar ones are) and this bizarrely seems to paint the picture in people’s minds (that haven’t watched a single minute of the league) that the rest is of the same standard. Which (as you’ve pointed out with Rangers) simply isn’t the case.  

So you think the Scottish national team is on a par with the Portugal team?

You think the leagues the same standard, so they must be right?

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

Nobody said its of the same standard. We said its better than ours. By the same token you seem to be assuming the rest of our league is of the same standard as Rangers.

No, my point was it is not a “significantly” better standard than ours, that is all. It’s much of a muchness. 

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

So you think the Scottish national team is on a par with the Portugal team?

You think the leagues the same standard, so they must be right?

What? That’s not what anyone’s saying, Bing.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Why is the Portugal team better then?

Can you name one of their players that didn't come thru the Portuguese league.

Because Portugal produce players that operate in the Top 5 leagues more than we do? Can you please talk me through what this has to do with Boavista or Tondela etc? As is actually being discussed. 

Just now, TheGoon said:

Because Portugal produce players that operate in the Top 5 leagues more than we do? Can you please talk me through what this has to do with Boavista or Tondela etc? As is actually being discussed. 

How do they do that, when we don't?

Given that its the same standard 

How do they do that, when we don't?

Given that its the same standard 

Oh dear. Right we’re doing this now. So, the likes of Ukraine, Denmark, Serbia, Norway etc produce more Top 5 league players than Scotland do, but curiously find themselves ranked below us in the UEFA rankings - and that despite having one of the best national teams on the planet, Belgium are barely in the top 10. 

It’s almost like there isn’t a direct correlation between their leagues and players produced for their national team. Odd. 

Just now, TheGoon said:

Oh dear. Right we’re doing this now. So, the likes of Ukraine, Denmark, Serbia, Norway etc produce more Top 5 league players than Scotland do, but curiously find themselves ranked below us in the UEFA rankings - and that despite having one of the best national teams on the planet, Belgium are barely in the top 10. 

It’s almost like there isn’t a direct correlation between their leagues and players produced for their national team. Odd. 

You remember we just put serbia out to qualify, who in turn put out Norway?

In all the leagues you have mentioned, the players leave much earlier as they don't have anything like the finances of the top Portuguese teams. 

So the Portuguese teams retain a greater percentage of their good players.

Which makes their league better than that of Ukraine, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, serbia. And also ourselves.

The Portuguese team is superior and their league is superior to all of these.

You remember we just put serbia out to qualify, who in turn put out Norway?

In all the leagues you have mentioned, the players leave much earlier as they don't have anything like the finances of the top Portuguese teams. 

So the Portuguese teams retain a greater percentage of their good players.

Which makes their league better than that of Ukraine, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, serbia. And also ourselves.

The Portuguese team is superior and their league is superior to all of these.

What? :lol: I’ll ask once again, what does any of that have to do with the dross in the league being “significantly” better than ours? 

37 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Folk are so weirdly protective of our league when it's not merited. 

Gauld has been on fire this season - utterly bonkers that he can't get a call-up.

Not sure any Dundee Utd fans can be accusing people of being weirdly protective of anything in the Ryan Gauld thread of all places.

Just now, TheGoon said:

What? :lol: I’ll ask once again, what does any of that have to do with the dross in the league being “significantly” better than ours? 

😄?

Because they produce better players and more of them. And are able to retain these players for longer.

This is why their league is significantly better than ours.

If your opinion is looking at the league as a whole you believe its similar quality. All I can say is I disagree.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

😄?

Because they produce better players and more of them. And are able to retain these players for longer.

This is why their league is significantly better than ours.

If your opinion is looking at the league as a whole you believe its similar quality. All I can say is I disagree.

Then you’re an idiot, Bing. 

2 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

It does seem ridiculously unfair on Gauld. Playing really well and getting alot of recognition for his form in a better league than ours.

While someone like Ryan Christie is a shoe in for the squad, despite playing like an absolute donkey.

It comes off as lazy management.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Much of a muchness though are they

4 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

It isn't. Its miles better. Just accept it.

You’ve not provided a shred of evidence to support that shite, so no, I don’t think I will. Next.