Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Some lovely stuff getting played there. Not that there was any doubt, but the Portuguese League is a very good standard. If he keeps that up he is surely due a call-up. Unreal penalty.

Perhaps something released to force Clarke's hand or perhaps some truth in it but I've heard that Gauld is looking to apply for Portuguese citizenship and focus on breaking into the Portuguese national team.

6 years before you can apply for citizenship and he moved there in 2014 too.

1 hour ago, Scumjob said:

Perhaps something released to force Clarke's hand or perhaps some truth in it but I've heard that Gauld is looking to apply for Portuguese citizenship and focus on breaking into the Portuguese national team.

This Ryan Gauld? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55239450

I am not sure the Portuguese national team will be needing to call up players from relegation threatened teams in their domestic league, regardless of how good they are. I'm sure Gauld will be applying for Portuguese citizenship though, he'd be daft not to try to get an EU passport for the sake of his career.

[emoji23]
Ryan Gauld playing just behind Ronaldo and Joao Felix, Portugal would be mad not to.

I am not sure the Portuguese national team will be needing to call up players from relegation threatened teams in their domestic league, regardless of how good they are. I'm sure Gauld will be applying for Portuguese citizenship though, he'd be daft not to try to get an EU passport for the sake of his career.
Absolutely, it's all about the EU passport. I fully expect him to be in March's squad, Gilmour may miss out...depends on matches he get in meantime

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Farense are newly promoted

Tom Jones to be happy with ( just )  staying up in the first season

Hopefully in the March games squad

Sporting v Farense tomorrow live on live score app and other places

Very interesting to see how Gauld gets on. Fair to say he has a point and a half to prove

Saw a sporting fan on twitter say that sporting have a £2m buy back clause and he would like to see them use it

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
5 hours ago, Binos said:
Ryan Gauld 3 goals last 4 games starting up front for farense
Live freesports 
Sporting v farense
Tonight 2025

Up front or number 10?

They seem to play a 433 and he has been playing either side of the front 3 or the midfield 3.  Mostly left of either from what I have seen.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They seem to play a 433 and he has been playing either side of the front 3 or the midfield 3.  Mostly left of either from what I have seen.

Aye according to the line up thing on Google if you click the matches. I'd be surprised if that reflects where he actually plays.

38 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Aye according to the line up thing on Google if you click the matches. I'd be surprised if that reflects where he actually plays.

Aye I was thinking that when I typed it, maybe he is more of a 10 that suits him best. I have seen the goals though from their games and he often seems to be in wide areas.