Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

49 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

McCarthy wouldn't make our current team, we have better midfielders, in fact James MccArthur is better and could easily play defensive midfield, in fact Billy Gilmour could also, but he will develop more box to box. We will agree to disagree but Scotland don't miss McCathy.

As for Coyne and Coyle I'm litterly still pissing myself

Literally all of this is nonsense.

McCarthy would stroll into our team.

We don't have better midfielders.

McArthur is not better and not a defensive midfielder

Billy Gilmour will never play box to box lol

Literally every word of that is the opposite of reality. 

What am I doing wasting my time with this pish. Jesus christ.

14 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Out for two and a half years after one of the most horrific leg breaks in English football history you mean.  See what I mean?  You just don't know what you're talking about. I don't know why I bother.

He was stagnating well before that

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Nah. McGeady and McCarthy we missed out on and very sore ones imo, McCarthy would be first choice right now we don't have a midfielder like that and he's quality, but the others just wurnae good enough for Scotland believe it or not.  We had much better players. 

Ray Houghton wasn't good enough for Scotland?

21 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No. That's why he played for Ireland.

No he took the hump at a largs training camp cause he thought it was one big clique

He played for the dominant side in British football, he was good enough

7 hours ago, Binos said:

No he took the hump at a largs training camp cause he thought it was one big clique

He played for the dominant side in British football, he was good enough

No, he didn't get picked for the world cup or get any caps at all with us till he was about 23 so went to Ireland.  He played for fucking Oxford at the time, hardly the dominant side in British football.  Even when he went to Liverpool we still had better players in his position.

Ray Houghton wasn't good enough for Scotland?
In fairness to fuzzy, he was playing for Oxford at time and we had much better options. He then took the hump and was capped for Ireland. Undoubtedly few years later he would have made team but was already playing for Ireland. The Castlemilk native's decision to play for Ireland has enabled him to have some great moments in Euro 88 (winner against England, and 94:WC, (winner against Italy) also a WC QF in 1990. It's also enabled him to have a good pundit career in RTE too.
In hindsight he's probably very happy that he wasn't good enough for Scotland at start of career.

20 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

McArthur is ahead of McCarthy in the Crystal Palace pecking order.

On 22/09/2020 at 16:58, John Lambies Doos said:

Tommy Coyne and Owen Coyle emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. They would have got nowhere near a Scotland team in early 90s

Coyne was the top scorer in the country with three different clubs (Dundee, Celtic, Motherwell).

Coyne was a far better player than John McGinlay, Duncan Shearer, Scott Booth and Eoin Jess who were all capped around the time he was top scorer.

Brown and Roxburgh's loyalty to a lot of pish Aberdeen players was mystifying. The three above plus Brian Irvine and McKimmie  and later Leighton when he was chosen in 98 over Goram.

Edited by Detournement

Coyne was the top scorer in the country with three different clubs (Dundee, Celtic, Motherwell).
Coyne was a far better player than John McGinlay, Duncan Shearer, Scott Booth and Eoin Jess who were all capped around the time he was top scorer.
Brown and Roxburgh's loyalty to a lot of pish Aberdeen players was mystifying. The three above plus Brian Irvine and McKimmie  and later Leighton when he was chosen in 98 over Goram.
Goram pulled out of the 98 WC squad. That's the only reason Leighton played all three games.