Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Or even worse - Dundee United.

Could see the Yanks pushing the boat out to bring him home actually. 

He badly needs a solid season of playing consistently though. Not sure I'd be overjoyed at having him on the books, his talent has been wasted last few years. 

Still has the potential to be a decent enough player at a good level. 

53 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Could see the Yanks pushing the boat out to bring him home actually. 

He badly needs a solid season of playing consistently though. Not sure I'd be overjoyed at having him on the books, his talent has been wasted last few years. 

Still has the potential to be a decent enough player at a good level. 

What about for Dundee United?  :P

6 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Gauld and Burke clearly regressed when going g abroad, hopefully this is enough to stop future Scottish players in the future making the same mistake

Nah that's absolute shite.  I want to see as many Scottish kids go.abroad as possible, you'll learn much more at Verona like Henderson than at Sheffield fkn Wednesday.  Burke just isn't a footballer, without his physical attributes would be at amateur level, Gauld was a wee bit unlucky.

53 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Nah that's absolute shite.  I want to see as many Scottish kids go.abroad as possible, you'll learn much more at Verona like Henderson than at Sheffield fkn Wednesday.  Burke just isn't a footballer, without his physical attributes would be at amateur level, Gauld was a wee bit unlucky.

The evidence shows otherwise

He took a shot at it. Was highly touted by his manager and fans and about to break through when the new manager came in and didn't fancy him. Football is as harsh as that, you can't judge how good someone is because one manager doesn't fancy them. Half of the time we all argue about players on forums and it's all subjective. It's the same for managers. Looking at playing stats on Wikipedia isn't a totally fair representation of a player sadly. Plus he's been injured pretty much his entire Hibs run so it's just a real shame overall

Edited by swing_kinker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...