Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

On 1/15/2019 at 19:58, RandomGuy. said:

I'd have Naismith and Griffiths ahead of him from the Scottish leagues, and McBurnie probably deserves to still be ahead of him, maybe Fletcher too. But I'd argue his case against anyone beyond that.

39 year old Kenny Miller has scored more than DOUBLE the amount of goals that Tony Watt has this season in less game time AND for the worst team in the league. Kenny Fucking Miller.

8 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

39 year old Kenny Miller has scored more than DOUBLE the amount of goals that Tony Watt has this season in less game time AND for the worst team in the league. Kenny Fucking Miller.

Watt has 7 goals this season, Miller has 8.

Are you seriously going to add the goals against diddy teams like Forfar and Montrose in cups? I could score in those games. I am talking league goals as you well know. 

Who would you rather have in Dundee’s team?

11 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Are you seriously going to add the goals against diddy teams like Forfar and Montrose in cups? I could score in those games. I am talking league goals as you well know. 

Am I allowed to count Queen of the South? Or do they not count either?

Regardless, he's the best striker we've had in years.

All the strikers you've had must have been real bad! :lol:

Given he’s including 20 league goals in a season, Stevie May (he’s correct to). He’s actually paying a Watt a compliment. People are naive to think a striker should be judged on goals. Steven MacLean was held in high estime by saints fans and plenty of other clubs whilst at us in the top league and he scored double figures of goals twice in about 7 years. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t an excellent player in Scottish football.

On 17/01/2019 at 16:59, RandomGuy. said:

Am I allowed to count Queen of the South? Or do they not count either?

Regardless, he's the best striker we've had in years.

Personally I  think it’s a good thing that other fans aren’t impressed by Watt. It means we might get to keep him for longer. Fucking excellent player.

Back on the main subject of the thread, Gauld's first official act at Hibs was to deliver a gorgeous shroo ball to Kamberi for the first goal against Elgin today. Too early to tell if he's still the mini-Messiah but he's definitely looking like a worthy stand-in for Scott Allan, which is what we've been needing these last six months.

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’d be slightly amusing (and by that I mean not amusing at all) if the new Hibs manager doesn’t rate him and he’s relegated to the reserves again.

Yeah he seems to be developing a knack/jinx for arriving at a club that then suddenly lurches into a crisis.

Loaned out to Edinburgh City by 5pm tonight.

• 3 weeks later...