Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Is it any surprise that both our players who moved abroad have turned out to be utter ding? 

These guys should have aspirations of playing in the Barclays, but instead they chose the easy route of moving to the continent. 

Just goes to show the inherent laziness endemic on young Scottish footballers. 

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Faro to Leith.  Lovely.  Unless he's feeling particularly homesick, which all signs seem to indicate isn't the case, that seems like a stupid move.

A massive step up in footballing quality from the league he's currently playing in though.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

A massive step up in footballing quality from the league he's currently playing in though.

True.  And if he harbours ambitions of playing for Scotland, he's certainly got more chance nowadays by playing at Hibs than getting shunted across Portugal.  All depends on him, he may be happy living the life in Portugal, realising that maybe he isn't quite as good as he was originally hyped up to be.  Could be happy to live a bit more of his young life out there before eventually coming home.

Probably my fav Ryan Gauld (I actually wrote Guald there like in Stargate: Ryan G'uald) video this.  I was intending to show how skilful and aware he was at a young age and shouldn't be written off but most of the highlights here are him  being fucking fouled by St Johnstone players to pop music lol Sorry. This really made me laugh.  The audio cuts out completely half-way.. I guess copyright?  Mini Messi in the title. I loved this, sorry :(

You do eventually see there... he's got the awareness around the box at a young age. He's looking for movement and would often find a pass or would manage to skip a tackle and find time. He did look good I thought. Definitely not writing him off. 

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've long gave up any hope of him actually being decent for Scotland. It's funnier if he just turns out to actually be a bit shite now.

He'll never live up to them hype, as they hype was never justified in his first place. 

Absolutely no idea what level he's at these days, Hibs loan could define the rest of his career 

He's playing again for Farense right now.

Of course Hibs are a bigger club than Farense and it appears our top flight is better than the Portuguese second tier, but this has definitely been his most successful loan spell, so seems odd timing that he's possibly coming back to Scotland now. Maybe Sporting have just completely given up on him.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

He's playing again for Farense right now.

Of course Hibs are a bigger club than Farense and it appears our top flight is better than the Portuguese second tier, but this has definitely been his most successful loan spell, so seems odd timing that he's possibly coming back to Scotland now. Maybe Sporting have just completely given up on him.

Sporting are an absolute mess of a club just now, they probably change their mind on the squad weekly.