Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

42 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

So he's had 100 more games to prove himself and still light years behind.....good point peppy le pue

Gauld proved himself in the Scottish top flight and got a multi-million pound move abroad. 

McKenna has jhad a good half season in the top flight and been fast tracked to the Scotland team. 

I'm not sure either is "light years" behind the other. 

On 08/07/2018 at 20:50, kenny131 said:

So he's had 100 more games to prove himself and still light years behind.....good point peppy le pue

If Gauld came back to Scotland he’d be one of the best players in the league. He was a skelf the last time and was still different class. He’ll be stronger and quicker now, and with more game intelligence - not that he lacked it. I hope he stays put, provided he plays.

27 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I find the desperate desire to write Gauld off incredibly strange. He's 22 and has tons of talent. He might make it, he might not. Fingers crossed he does. 

The sad thing is that desperation has been going on for 4 years now. I really do hate Scottish people at times.

5 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I find the desperate desire to write Gauld off incredibly strange. He's 22 and has tons of talent. He might make it, he might not. Fingers crossed he does. 

Oli Burke has been written off as nothing but an overpaid mercenary and he's just turned 21.

11 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I think most in here would like to see him succeed.

The guy Kenny that hates him is a total oddball, and most of the rest of the anti-Gauld posts are just in jest.

20 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Oli Burke has been written off as nothing but an overpaid mercenary and he's just turned 21.

Only by people who talk in cliches, and don't really understand what mercenary means.

There were, however, equal amounts of praise and concern about his performances in the Toulon tournament, where he scored a worldy, missed a penalty, shoved the Performance Director and largely looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, while all the time running on to 70 yard punts under what is known as Scotland Gemmill's masterclass.

But whatever, they're both Finnish.

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I see he's off to Switzerland with the Sporting first team for their pre-season training camp. Hopefully he can claim his place in the team.

Come off the bench in the 73rd minute in a 2-1 loss to Xamax today.

• 2 weeks later...