Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

They won the league cup in 2011-12,  more recent than United's last major trophy.

Swing and a miss, thanks for playing etc etc champ.

And still their crowds don't come near utds.  How many trophies in the last twenty five years champ, given that was dindeleuxs time period.

e Jesus f*ckin wept! Can you guys piss off and form your own thread? I saw this was "hot" with several replies and I thought Gauld had signed for someone.

It turns out it's just eye-bleeding pish from a few usual suspects, which has continued over multiple pages. 

Have a wee bit of consideration for the rest of the forum users who don't want to get into a debate over who is bigger, the DABs or f*ckin Killie. That's tinpot as f*ck.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Killie beat Celtic to win the League Cup in 2012.

I actually think utd are a bigger club than killie despite their current position, but not by any huge margin. Its more perception than anything else. If Killie did something stupendous like winning the league or getting to the last 8 of a euro comp it'd probably swing things the other way.

First of all even in your dreams that's not going to happen.  Secondly that doesn't make them a bigger club, are Leicester now bigger than arsenal, thirdly it's a huge difference. 

As I said utds worst crowds in years are bigger than Kilmarnocks best in years whilst being in a lower division. It's a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And still their crowds don't come near utds.  How many trophies in the last twenty five years champ, given that was dindeleuxs time period.

That will be two, which is one more than the massive club you're on about.  

Wait . Is the point resting here that Killie are a bigger club cause they won the league cup 2 years after United won the Scottish. 

f**k sake guys. 

I would say United are a bigger club than Killie but there's not much in it.

United edge it over the course for their greater record in Europe IMO.

Now back to the burger flipping wonder kid. 

10 hours ago, kenny131 said:

106 pages for a player who hasnt even hit the heights of the last bullshit hope of John fleck......thread needs closed it ain't happening

Around 103 of those pages are filled with utter cretins like yourself coming in and telling us he's shite or awful, eye bleeding arguments about whether Killie are bigger than Dundee United. 

I remember going up to Tannadice and watching Gauld destroy St Mirren in October 2013. We lost 4-0 and Gauld was everywhere scoring and setting up goals.

Left the game that day thinking Scotland finally had a potentially world class attacking player. Fully expected that within the next 5 years he would be playing for a top European side and be a regular in the latter stages of the Champions League and the first name in the senior Scotland starting 11.

Shame it hasn’t exactly worked out that way. Not only is he not playing for one of the elite European clubs, he can’t get a game for Sporting Lisbon. Not only is he not a regular starter for Scotland, he is uncapped and can’t even get near the squad.

Still time of course.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Around 103 of those pages are filled with utter cretins like yourself coming in and telling us he's shite or awful, eye bleeding arguments about whether Killie are bigger than Dundee United. 

Well he is shite how much more proof do you need

Just now, kenny131 said:

When a player is better than dross you watch at Dumbarton week to week,  that doesn't make him a superstar.

And if you can point out anywhere, even back to the very start of this thread, where I've said Ryan Gauld is a superstar I'll happily accept that point.

I feel sorry for him actually.  Well, as sorry as you can feel for a guy who went over to Portugal in the prime of his life and seems to be having a brilliant time. He showed some promise in his younger days, but like thousands of players before him he hasn't hit the heights perhaps he expected.  Doesn't mean he won't still become a solid player, but it isn't his fault that Scotland supporters are so absolutely desperate to cling onto something that they hype players up to a ridiculous degree. 

On 05/07/2018 at 09:11, forameus said:

I feel sorry for him actually.  Well, as sorry as you can feel for a guy who went over to Portugal in the prime of his life and seems to be having a brilliant time. He showed some promise in his younger days, but like thousands of players before him he hasn't hit the heights perhaps he expected.  Doesn't mean he won't still become a solid player, but it isn't his fault that Scotland supporters are so absolutely desperate to cling onto something that they hype players up to a ridiculous degree. 

Close thread.

Even though he is a former dab player I’m rooting for him to make it. He’s still young enough imo. People should be wanting him to make it not slagging him off. He had some balls moving to Portugal [emoji1201]. Ok it probably hasn’t worked out but he tried. Plus he’s probably on about 5k a week. No bad in my book

On 04/07/2018 at 21:30, kenny131 said:

106 pages for a player who hasnt even hit the heights of the last bullshit hope of John fleck......thread needs closed it ain't happening

He's 22. You're writing off a 22 year old. He's not even a year older than Scott McKenna.