Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Yes.....both of whom our national mgr serially ignores whilst picking shite like Wallace Martin n forrest....what a time to be alive....

Unfair on Forrest - he is frustratingly inconsistent but he is playing at champions league level and showed up well vs Barca the other night.
That said, I wish he was closer to Sinclair, who seems much more confident in his own abilities and can actually go past several players.

12 hours ago, Tartantony said:

2 young boys appearing in 2 top leagues tonight

I'd be fairly confident this is the first instance of two 20 or younger year old British players, playing in the top flight of two top ten ranked leagues, on the same weekend. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be fairly confident this is the first instance of two 20 or younger year old British players, playing in the top flight of two top ten ranked leagues, on the same weekend. 

And apparently we might not be including the setup responsible for one of them in our big 8 youth setups.

On 11/26/2016 at 05:48, Tartantony said:

Decent 60 minutes, picked up a booking as well.

2 young boys appearing in 2 top leagues tonight

Good news, but a feeling it's a year later than expected, which hopefully is more a development blip than a reflection of his ability.

Is he getting a game with the Scotland under 21's? How's he performing?

Two of setubals next three games are against sporting so presumably he won't be involved in those,  they have two more league cup games at the turn of the year but one of them is also against sporting.   He seems to be progressing a bit now though,  will bea qquality player in a couple of years either way.  

Think setubals manager changed recently too, maybe that's why he's playing now more than before. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Get him in the next Scotland squad

Yeah I was sure that he was a write off and destined for the juniors a few weeks ago but I'm convinced he's the real deal now so Strachan needs to cap him and give him the armband incase he decides to play for Portugal. 

43 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Yeah I was sure that he was a write off and destined for the juniors a few weeks ago but I'm convinced he's the real deal now so Strachan needs to cap him and give him the armband incase he decides to play for Portugal. 

whit?

1 hour ago, woof! said:

and that makes him eligible to play for Portugal?

mate dont try to tell me how to suck eggs if i was a granny. I KNOW how international football works. Gauld is eligible thru his great uncle who is from the Algarve. He was wearing the new kit the other day for a press release too witch shows hes thinking of jumping ship but dont worry Strachans already spoke to him my contact tells me. 

GauldPort.jpg