Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Anyone know anything about Divi crypto currency? My sister and her partner gave us 100,000 divi as part of our wedding gift with the instructions to check the price on our first anniversary etc and times the price by 100,000 and that will be the value of it.
Currently it looks like its worth about seven hundred and odd dollars (we've only had the gift a couple of days and i was just curious).
I know absolutely nothing about crypto currency and was just looking to see people's thoughts on this particular one?

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

Anyone know anything about Divi crypto currency? My sister and her partner gave us 100,000 divi as part of our wedding gift with the instructions to check the price on our first anniversary etc and times the price by 100,000 and that will be the value of it.
Currently it looks like its worth about seven hundred and odd dollars (we've only had the gift a couple of days and i was just curious).
I know absolutely nothing about crypto currency and was just looking to see people's thoughts on this particular one?

I don't know much about Divi specifically, but I do recall its old name DivX so I know it's been around a while. The CoinMarketCap site is a good central resource for info and relevant links for pretty much every crypto project out there. You can see price charts, exchanges where it can be traded, member forums etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/divi/#charts

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2019 at 21:41, spud131 said:

On 11/08/2019 at 22:57, Zetterlund said:

I don't know much about Divi specifically, but I do recall its old name DivX so I know it's been around a while. The CoinMarketCap site is a good central resource for info and relevant links for pretty much every crypto project out there. You can see price charts, exchanges where it can be traded, member forums etc.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/divi/#charts

Anyone considered that this DivX could actually be owned by our esteemed leader on here and he will be using the money for more hottub pool parties?  Would explain the dreadful P+B performance during the football season if he is using our servers for his mining efforts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2019 at 21:34, S7C said:

I moved all of my remaining funds into DAG / Constellation Labs a few weeks ago. I'm playing with profit so if it flops it flops, but I have a really good feeling about this one.

^ Learn to look at the market cap. It's a rookie mistake to look at the value of the individual token and say "If only ___ had the same value as ETH" when it never will, as the market cap would be absurdly high.

Well... This was a good call. Currently 470% up.

I'm now in that horrible fight with myself over whether to cash out. Think it has the potential to go a lot higher  and then I'll be kicking myself if I do. But it could just as easily collapse and I'll be wishing I'd cashed out.

Made the decision to take the money in January 2018 and it paid off.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Crmore said:

I'm sorry for posting here but I want to know if it's relevant investing in cryptocurrencies now, I'm a newbie so I want to know if can make a profit from it

Well, as this is Scotland's leading football discussion forum, I think you've come to the right place. Btw, can you tag me when you edit your post to include a link - otherwise I might miss it. 

46 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, as this is Scotland's leading football discussion forum, I think you've come to the right place. Btw, can you tag me when you edit your post to include a link - otherwise I might miss it. 

Get him flagged as a spammer .... slacker :P

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Get him flagged as a spammer .... slacker :P

Don't be so quick to judge! There is no reason why someone with a Californian IP and 0 posts elsewhere might want to discuss Celtic's chances of 10 in a row or Edusport's rebranding as Caledonian Braves.

• 3 months later...
On 11/08/2019 at 21:41, spud131 said:

Did you ever cash out? 100,000 of them are worth 2500 USD just now but were at 6000ish in the summer. 

I can see there being some FOMO in the cryptocurrency market akin to December 2017 soon so might be worth holding a bit longer if you haven't sold. 

Edited by S7C

Did you ever cash out? 100,000 of them are worth 2500 USD just now but were at 6000ish in the summer. 

I can see there being some FOMO in the cryptocurrency market akin to December 2017 soon so might be worth holding a bit longer if you haven't sold. 

Yeah we cashed 75% of it out at the end of August and got a decent wedge of cash, as you says its plummeted since then. Hopefully it'll go back up at some point and we'll cash out the other 25%.

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2020 at 14:39, Stormzy said:

Anyone paying off their mortgage in the next few days then? 

I've now made a crazy amount of money but i only have a few Bitcoin. I am emotionally tied to my Chainlink which they say is a big mistake in terms of investment.

Saying that however, I will go to a stable coin gradually over the next few months before this tops out.

3 hours ago, iron mike python said:

I've now made a crazy amount of money but i only have a few Bitcoin. I am emotionally tied to my Chainlink which they say is a big mistake in terms of investment.

Saying that however, I will go to a stable coin gradually over the next few months before this tops out.

I have no crypto anymore, funnily enough I bought the dip perfectly just didn't have the patience to HODL... I love how you say a few $BTC like that's not at least 30K lol. 

I made a couple of hundred pounds, which is good for me, after buying Chainlink and Tezos earlier in the year. I've still checked in every so often and by god I'm feeling salty of late! I am someone that bought disgusting amounts of $DRGN and $MTC though..

Congrats on the success though, love to hear it. 

I haven't put any new money into cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, but I have been mining constantly and what I do hold (mostly Safex) is progressing well in terms of development and value. Hoping for an interesting 2021 as their project is about to go 'live' after 5 years in the making.

Despite being interested in it I'm not a huge fan of Bitcoin itself. When hype and network activity picks up it becomes slow and expensive to use. Last time it got near $20k 3 years ago I wanted to give a few friends & family 20 quids worth or so for Christmas, but it would have cost more than that to send it to each at the time. I've no doubt it will keep going up longer term though as humans are irrational when it comes to investment and the FOMO will win.

• 3 weeks later...

First few days of January and you can see in the graph below that January will be a bumper month for Decentralized exchanges.

Personally I own $SNX (Synthetix) which has excellent tokenomics (as can be demonstrated by the lack of sellers). 

What will also boost the news is that good regulations have came out from the US regarding the banks being allowed to use stablecoins and operate nodes. 

https://www.coindesk.com/occ-banks-stablecoin-payments

If anyone has coinbase and wants some free crypto here is a link to earn some free Compound $Comp: https://coinbase.com/earn/comp/invite/2170mgpq

Dex Jan.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest regret is not deleting the Blockfolio app when I sold all my crypto, I don't know how to post pictures here but I recently checked the app and after putting in £1000 2 years ago and subsequently selling it I would have about £6000 in my account if I hadn't have sold. 

It's not quite spending 5 $btc on a pizza but..

I see the chap who binned his hard drive with loads of Bitcoin back in 2009 is back in the news begging to be allowed to quite literally rake the bins (well, landfill site) where it is likely to be. Now that his discarded Bitcoin are worth £200m, all sort of private investors are offering to pay for the cost of doing it and he's trying to bribe the council with 25% of the value (assuming they find it). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55658942

Now don't get me wrong, if I drop a pound coin down the back of the couch, I'll not rest until I find it. But surely to God it would be impossible to find a hard drive with 10 years of shite discarded on top of it. And what's the chances the data is even recoverable if it is found?

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I see the chap who binned his hard drive with loads of Bitcoin back in 2009 is back in the news begging to be allowed to quite literally rake the bins (well, landfill site) where it is likely to be. Now that his discarded Bitcoin are worth £200m, all sort of private investors are offering to pay for the cost of doing it and he's trying to bribe the council with 25% of the value (assuming they find it). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55658942

Now don't get me wrong, if I drop a pound coin down the back of the couch, I'll not rest until I find it. But surely to God it would be impossible to find a hard drive with 10 years of shite discarded on top of it. And what's the chances the data is even recoverable if it is found?

If I was the Council I'd give the go ahead if..

1. The private investors pay the 25% up front, find it or not.

2. They also pay enough into an escrow account to guarantee the dump will be left environmentally sound when they're finished. 

A bit of insider information was spilled on a podcast I listen to the other day. Zerion.io will likely be doing an airdrop, and will look at historic transactions to do this.

1. Get Metamask.

2. Buy/Exchange Crypto on zerion.io

3. Wait for a few months.

4.Receive Airdrop token and profit!

Also I am now 75 times my original investment since Chainlink has been going wild the past few days. Woohoo!