Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I see a few Crypto billionaire have died in the last month or so.

One bro Tweeted that intelligence agencies were going to murder him and he was found dead a few hours later.

Who?

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Who?

Vyacheslav Taran, 53,  Helicopter Crash en route to Monaco
Nikolai Mushegian, 29, Corpse washed up on the shores  or Puerto Rico
Tiantian Kullander, 30, supposedly in his sleep

I'm guessing one actual accident, one faked his own death and one suicide (but not necessarily in that order)

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It says at the bottom that the prosecutors are demanding trial by jury. I wonder if that's automatic for this kind of case, if he defends it, it could go on for months of complex nit picking and the jury might just decide to let him off out of boredom.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It says at the bottom that the prosecutors are demanding trial by jury. I wonder if that's automatic for this kind of case, if he defends it, it could go on for months of complex nit picking and the jury might just decide to let him off out of boredom.

I think it probably is automatic, if you are accusing someone of significant crimes.

Binance, the other major crypto exchange, is seeing significant outflows, with $1bn being withdrawn yesterday.

I don't entirely understand this but I've seen reports taht Binance has been found to be allowing users of it's platform to use it's own 'shitcoin' as collateral for loans, which Binance then subsidises.  Again, someone can tell me if I'm wrong but isn't this similar to what FTX and Alameda did with their own 'shitcoin' FTT?  They have a worthless asset pumped up in price due to their own manipulations.

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Binance, the other major crypto exchange, is seeing significant outflows, with $1bn being withdrawn yesterday.

That's the FT's number which seems to be the most conservative estimate out there, Reuters are reporting $1.8Bn and Forbes are saying $3Bn although they may all be correct and talking about slightly different 24 hour windows.

Either way they've now "paused" USDC withdrawls

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Crypto being a massive, massive fraudulent, cooked, pumped up house of cards; who’d have fucking thunk it? Deserve all they get. 

Who would have thought these centralised entities were bad, if only there was some sort of decentralised alternative.