Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

1 hour ago, iron mike python said:

Who would have thought these centralised entities were bad, if only there was some sort of decentralised alternative.

I mean, say what you want about centralised banking as an institution, they haven’t sped-run to near extinction in less than a decade. I’m not rich, barely middle class, but I’d trust my money with RBS investments over fucking Binance, FTX, or any other exchange. And that’s RBS. 

I'm in a crypto chat in telegram and when the market was at its height there were guys talking about buying golden visas to Portugal, moving to Dubai etc. One of the guys was smashing hundreds of thousands into random shitcoins.

Now they are all at each others throats daily about politics and inflation and the guy who was putting hundreds of thousands into shitcoins was buzzing over making $200 on a trade the other day. Lots of them are down millions from their peak. 

One guy yesterday got his wallet drained from making a chatGPT account as well which is a shame. Really is the wild west crypto.

11 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

I'm in a crypto chat in telegram and when the market was at its height there were guys talking about buying golden visas to Portugal, moving to Dubai etc. One of the guys was smashing hundreds of thousands into random shitcoins.

Now they are all at each others throats daily about politics and inflation and the guy who was putting hundreds of thousands into shitcoins was buzzing over making $200 on a trade the other day. Lots of them are down millions from their peak. 

One guy yesterday got his wallet drained from making a chatGPT account as well which is a shame. Really is the wild west crypto.

image.jpeg.ab84af46e80fb9cd405208fe26a48a64.jpeg

14 hours ago, KD1711 said:

One guy yesterday got his wallet drained from making a chatGPT account 

How did this happen, I assume a fake chatGPT page or something? I've not made an account but am following people who have and it looks pretty interesting.

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

How did this happen, I assume a fake chatGPT page or something? I've not made an account but am following people who have and it looks pretty interesting.

He had his AI set up on KuCoin and the hacker drained his wallet and put it into a shitcoin called HIFIDENZA, it did about 500% at 2am in the morning so I'm assuming this was the coin used to drain liquidity from, he's now stuck with a bunch of this coin that he can't sell. Kucoin recommended the guy go to the police about it and basically told him tough shit. 

Edit : It was through his 3commas app that it got compromised, just read back on the chat.

Edited by KD1711

On 14/12/2022 at 10:35, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's the FT's number which seems to be the most conservative estimate out there, Reuters are reporting $1.8Bn and Forbes are saying $3Bn although they may all be correct and talking about slightly different 24 hour windows.

Either way they've now "paused" USDC withdrawls

Allegedly the $3 billion didn't include funds withdrawn in bitcoin, the total was more like $8 billion.

The spur for the withdrawals was likely a report published Monday that claimed factions in the Justice Department are pushing aggressively to file criminal charges related to sanctions violations and money laundering against Binance and its CEO. The full extent of the outflows may have been higher than reported, since the Nansen data includes withdrawals of Ethereum and stablecoins but not Bitcoin. An executive at a Binance rival, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, told Fortune that his company’s internal estimates suggest that total outflows may have been as high as $6 billion to $8 billion, including cash-outs of Bitcoin and other currencies like Tron.

https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/12/16/how-stable-is-binance-really/

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What I don’t get is that surely once the “gift” part of this has been used, like you’ve had your Zoom call with Trump etc, aren’t these going to essentially be spent and be useless?

I was also wondering with NFT’s, what kind of digital preservation is done on this stuff to make sure they are even around and accessible in 30-40 years etc? I looked at one of the wallets and it did not mention preservation at all but there’s a lot in those which appears to have the ability for obsolescence. Do they spend all that money and hope they’ll still be able to access and sell it years down the line?

There is another ponzi scheme going around called AMMDefi that is offering users 2% per day interest and also giving them referral bonuses, they are doing a bonus at the moment where they double your deposit but you can't withdraw for 3 days. This will be the next big scandal I'm sure.