Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Good god. How did someone like that get their hands on 60k to begin with?

They are quite prominent online and probably got over confident and went in, I know of someone who remortgaged 400k out his house and put it into crypto and lost 50% before taking the hit and cashing out.

Euphoria does mental things to people.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

When XRP went to 1.90 last April there is a paid group on instagram called Crypto Glasgow spouting pish like this about it being the new reserve currency.

Had a look at their twitter page, XRP Permabull means they're idiots or scammers surely.

image.png.eb91d8b0b3b257fbcbabbeec4b393a08.png

Had a look at their twitter page, XRP Permabull means they're idiots or scammers surely.
image.png.eb91d8b0b3b257fbcbabbeec4b393a08.png

They’re total idiots, when they started their group they used to post their buys - £300 a month on xrp etc.

As soon as their paid group took off they started talking in percentages rather than posting their actual buys and cutting about with Porsches and Aston martins and claiming it was their crypto profits (had about 2000 subs at their peak paying £50 a month.)

I tried to watch one of their lives and it was embarrassing they can’t read a chart despite being crypto educators [emoji23].

They regularly delete any calls as well that go to shit to make themselves look good online.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Finally! some investment advice that makes perfect sense

The GBP chart is mad, really mad. It could get even worse. (GBP is showing more volatility than BTC currently)

I'm sure the BoE will take some action to try and stop it falling but this could increase inflation.

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The problem with GBP is its just a ponzi with infinite supply and has no intrinsic value. Looks like the bubble is finally bursting.

The pound has dropped because the market has lost faith in the UK's will to control inflation and debt. Bitcoin drops because of an Elon Musk tweet.

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The pound has dropped because the market has lost faith in the UK's will to control inflation and debt. Bitcoin drops because of an Elon Musk tweet.

You see, the thing with GBP is you're basically just hoping someone will buy it off you for more than you paid for it before the music stops and it eventually crashes to zero. I just prefer to hold more stable assets like bitcoin I guess.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The pound has dropped 6% against the Euro over the last 6 months, but it's gained 47% against BTC. So swings and roundabouts.

To be fair to Mr Python he was talking about short term volatility right now

And given that the pound has lost and then more or less regained about 4% against the dollar between midnight and breakfast he's currently correct

Of course if a butterfly flaps it's wings a bit funny in Bolivia  Bitcoin might say "hold my beer" and do something even more dramatic this afternoon

ETA: Bitcoin has gained and the more or less lost 3% in the last 6 hours so it's a fairly close run thing

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be fair to Mr Python he was talking about short term volatility right now

And given that the pound has lost and then more or less regained about 4% against the dollar between midnight and breakfast he's currently correct

Of course if a butterfly flaps it's wings a bit funny in Bolivia  Bitcoin might say "hold my beer" and do something even more dramatic this afternoon

ETA: Bitcoin has gained and the more or less lost 3% in the last 6 hours so it's a fairly close run thing

Aye, but I always thought crypto was for the long term, buy on the dip and hold till it bleeds or whatever. Flash trading is another thing, but I'm sure, even if you have the time and expertise to take advantage of very short term volatility, it's a lot quicker to dump sterling than crypto.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, but I always thought crypto was for the long term, buy on the dip and hold till it bleeds or whatever. Flash trading is another thing, but I'm sure, even if you have the time and expertise to take advantage of very short term volatility, it's a lot quicker to dump sterling than crypto.

It’s a doddle to dump sterling i offloaded plenty in the pub during and after the Scotland game

ETA: This post does not constitute investment advice. Beer can come back up as well as go down 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Does anybody in this thread have an urge to buy USD Stable Coins or Bitcoin/ Ethereum at this point in time to hedge against the drop in GBP?

I know the majority feeling in this thread is negative towards digital assets (since it got moved to General Nonsense) but doesn't even 1% of your body feel like you should hedge?