Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Shiba Inu and all the stupid joke coins with nothing behind them other than hype and 4 figure daily % rise are what's causing all the problems in ETH gas and market in general. Expect a plethora of idiots to lose money and a few astute folk to make a lot.

Shiba Inu and all the stupid joke coins with nothing behind them other than hype and 4 figure daily % rise are what's causing all the problems in ETH gas and market in general. Expect a plethora of idiots to lose money and a few astute folk to make a lot.
100% this.

You want a proper laugh you should look at the number of meme projects being created on the XRPL.

I've made about $500 the last week setting up trustlines to get free airdrops then immediately swapping the coin for XRP. And I only have 1 wallet.

My mate has set up 40 wallets and getting that or more from most of them.

4 different xShib clones in the last week alone. XRDoge did about 18000% in a day. He made 24k XRP (worth over $24k right now) from vapour.

It's madness. Honestly.

Just tells me we're nearing the end. Dec/Jan my money's on.

16 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

At least now that EIP 1599 is implemented Ethereum is being burnt whenever gas costs are high instead of going to miners.

ETH is a necessary asset to have in your portfolio.

What's the crack with earning interest on crypto? My holdings are just sitting there doing nothing...I'd like to use things like Binance Earn but I'm not sure what the risks are?
If you have it sitting on Binance anyway there's no additional counterparty risk in using Earn. Especially if using flexible.

If using the locked options the risk is that your coin moons with it's locked, for the higher APY.

If you're just starting staking, Earn is a good place to start (but would advise starting away from Liquidity pools, stick to flexible/short term locks staking).

Other exchanges offer better APY than Binance. Bitrue is one of the higher ones and cheap as chips to send to, but their Liquidity sucks balls for buying and selling on there so factor that in (potential need to transfer to another change with better liquidity later).

You could also look at services like Nexo. I have a bunch of stuff on there as well. Slightly more risky, but not full DeFi. Celsius and other options exist.

Then there's full DeFi on Ethereum, BSC, Polygon etc. I avoid Ethereum due to the gas fees, but things like Pancakeswap or Autofarm on BSC that are cheap at chips but offer great APY (I'm currently 71% on CAKE in Autofarm for example.).

These are riskier and I stick to the larger providers/coins like AF and PCS to stay away from rugpulls, of which there can be many.

In terms of earning interest and Risk:

- Exchange Earn products
- DeFi providers (Nexo, Celsius etc)
- DeFi (Ethereum, BSC, Polygon etc)

Thanks Gaz. I've been looking through the forum tonight and realised you've offered me advice a few times, much appreciated. I also clocked you were quite new to it  back in February like I was - except you seem to have a proper hang of it now and I'm still a complete amateur 😄 one of these things you need to invest a bit of time in really which I haven't really done...I end up spending entire evenings trying to figure it out.

Thanks Gaz. I've been looking through the forum tonight and realised you've offered me advice a few times, much appreciated. I also clocked you were quite new to it  back in February like I was - except you seem to have a proper hang of it now and I'm still a complete amateur [emoji1] one of these things you need to invest a bit of time in really which I haven't really done...I end up spending entire evenings trying to figure it out.
Haha, yeah. I've been 4 or 5 hours at least every day since February. I like the tech (I'm a techie by trade) and I like numbers, data and patterns. So it suits me, boring as I am. [emoji846]

On 28/10/2021 at 14:54, Satoshi said:

Wild, even for the crypto world. I have stayed out of Shibu after a minor burn in Doge but will go into Floki as the next potential meme coin. Genius move to advertise it on the London subway.

It is nonsense of course, but it's worth a $500 punt. Maybe it will be a cat meme coin next...

I doubled down on Floki the next day investing another $550. Checked this morning and it's now $1800, still room to grow I think when it joins coinbase. Seems to have a dedicated amount of weridos followers calling themselves Vikings. This nonsense could have more space to grow.

The cat meme was much a more prescient prediction with CAT token spiking, I did not invest however. Think I struck a bit lucky with Loopring though.

On 03/11/2021 at 03:20, iron mike python said:

At least now that EIP 1599 is implemented Ethereum is being burnt whenever gas costs are high instead of going to miners.

ETH is a necessary asset to have in your portfolio.

Indeed, it's been clear for some time ETH is the best (and perahps even safest) crypto investment - probably still is despite the ATH.

In general, I'd be reluctant to invest futher in this bullish market - maybe only small sums in projects that are struggling a bit. Had my eye on a few but I emptied my UK accounts for Floki 😂 having to do the old fashioned inefficient international money transfer....

There's a dip coming (probably several) so a good idea to have some FIAT money handy. 

Edited by Satoshi

The whole bitcoin obsession is just history repeating itself.
A few big winners and a shit load of gullible fools piling in looking to make a fast buck and losing everything.
Humans never, ever learn.

It's the emperor's new clothes.

There are currently 1949 dead coins out there - some are out and out frauds like OneCoin but the vast majority failed due to lack of liquidity or halted development.

The number of dead coins has increased by 35% in the past year. At some point the $1.1 trillion Bitcoin bubble will burst and some folk will get burnt badly

9 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Or he watched the video I posted a month or so ago

I became aware of it through a video by Karl Jobst where he explored the rather shady world of fraudulently (massively) increasing the value of video game memorabilia recently.

I didn't see it posted here, though, so no idea if it is the same video you posted.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I became aware of it through a video by Karl Jobst where he explored the rather shady world of fraudulently (massively) increasing the value of video game memorabilia recently.

I didn't see it posted here, though, so no idea if it is the same video you posted.

You absolute legend.

On 27/08/2021 at 00:34, Kapowzer said:

I get the whole cryptocurrency thing as its decentralised and you're hoping that a major retailer (Amazon) or financial institution (Mastercard/Visa) may adopt it in a significant way adding to its value.

The whole NFT thing however reminds me so much of Dutch Tulip Mania, if this is news to you it's worth a look and there are more in-depth videos. History repeats itself more than we appreciate.

There you go