Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

The Evil Apes story is hilarious. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dyem/investors-spent-millions-on-evolved-apes-nfts-then-they-got-scammed

So you have 'investors' who wanted 1. Shitty pictures of monkeys 2. A computer game where those monkeys fight each other 3. 1+2 to be a speculative asset which will make them rich. 

In previous decades people like this would just have been laughed at but there are now so many MenChild idiots with large amounts of disposable income that market logic means they need to be treated seriously but also ripped off as profitably as possible. 

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Evil Apes story is hilarious. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dyem/investors-spent-millions-on-evolved-apes-nfts-then-they-got-scammed

So you have 'investors' who wanted 1. Shitty pictures of monkeys 2. A computer game where those monkeys fight each other 3. 1+2 to be a speculative asset which will make them rich. 

In previous decades people like this would just have been laughed at but there are now so many MenChild idiots with large amounts of disposable income that market logic means they need to be treated seriously but also ripped off as profitably as possible. 

Even after finding out they've been scammed...:lol:

None of this has put a serious damper on the Evolved Apes trade on OpenSea, where the project is still verified. There have been over 574 NFT sales with a total volume of 13.9 ether ($47,230) since Friday, when the rug-pull became public.

“Although we have tried many avenues to contact OpenSea, we are still awaiting a response,” said Josh_CryptoBull, another pseudonymous Fight Back Apes co-founder.  

“Evil Ape is still receiving the 4% royalties [from each sale], and that is why we are here to make a new NFT [project] to bring the royalties back to the community.” OpenSea didn’t immediately respond to Motherboard’s request for comment.

10 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So you guys are telling me I should sell my SOL monkey for $50k and my thugbird for $15k? Do you think I’m a charity?

Those sound nice and scarce assets.

Don't worry I'll buy them off you at 3x the price next month.

It is useful to have a spread of NFTs to make you illegible for future airdrops.

Iv got 20 quids worth from a few weeks ago [emoji23]

In a moment of bravado several months ago I bought 3 and a half million Shibe Inu for 50 quid. Last time I checked it was sitting at 13 quid [emoji38] so it’s nice to see I’m actually in the green again for now…I’m just going to hold it for the banter.

Anyone want to do a 'free Futures trading' competition on Kwenta with me starting in the next 24 hours with 50k prizes for winners? 

It is done on an Layer 2 (Optimism) testnet, and will allow them to see how good their code is before releasing for real.

All you will need is a metamask browser wallet (no money is needed). You won't need anything else. If it asks for a name attach "pnb" to it so we can recognise each other on the scoreboard. I'll bump this thread with details when it starts later today.

9 hours ago, jebbasha said:

What are the disadvantages of cryptocurrency?

A lot of governments and banks are sceptical of it. For instance you might find it very hard to get a mortgage on a house if you are using money from crypto capital gains as banks often suspect an element of money laundering or tax evasion in that.

10 hours ago, jebbasha said:

What are the disadvantages of cryptocurrency?

What did you think the Jag's 6-1 demolition of Accies last night?

Also, please make sure to edit your original post with a couple of links that no-one will click and will get removed in fairly short order. 

Everytime there is a negative story about Tether they pump BTC because the scam requires it.

Now they have admitted that they are lending out USDT to a "select group of customers" in return for Crypto as  collateral the game can't be far from being up. Basically the people involved in the Tether scam can pump the price of BTC without putting in a cent of fiat money. 

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

They said it was over.

They said we couldn't do it.

We did it.....again.

Happy ATH day. 🤝

Happy ATH day. I reckon it will be a rotation from BTC>ETH ATH> ALTS coming up.

Below is the futures competition I mentioned above which is now live. All you need is a twitter and a metamask wallet (no money needed) $50k  in prizes