Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Even if it’s is Intra coin on the exchange?
Money not taken out to personal account ?
Yep.

Taxable events are any event you profit from, regardless of whether you take it off exchange or not, including coin to coin.

8 hours ago, gaz5 said:

I think personally LINK is lagging as a project.

What metrics are telling you it is lagging?

image.thumb.png.dfb0855073f061da157a34eeff30386a.png

1 year of price data.

image.png.48390354b376400069284238419a2569.png

5th most commits out of all crypto projects (3 of the higher projects are scams so only Bitcoin has more commits over 12 months)

image.png.a38568620d8c15c7f188ebe454369afb.png

Chainlink exiting exchanges.

image.png.0c1ec6ad332581b11504879968d815d9.png

What metrics are telling you it is lagging?
image.thumb.png.dfb0855073f061da157a34eeff30386a.png
1 year of price data.
image.png.48390354b376400069284238419a2569.png
5th most commits out of all crypto projects (3 of the higher projects are scams so only Bitcoin has more commits over 12 months)
image.png.a38568620d8c15c7f188ebe454369afb.png
Chainlink exiting exchanges.
image.png.0c1ec6ad332581b11504879968d815d9.png
Not in terms of price, more terms of delivery. I didn't dig overly deeply admittedly, but seemed like their recent commits, though numerous, didn't really deliver very much in terms of value, something that others have noted as well.

And other projects (such as Cardano) decided not to use LINK as their oracle in favour of developing their own.

TBH I just decided LINK wasn't for me as project. I made 100% on my investment and that was enough for me to cycle into other things.

I always planned on selling everything (well, 70% of everything) at the end of this cycle but LINK isn't one in plan to buy back during the bear for next cycle.

There's are just other things I like better in the Large Cap category.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Is now a good time to invest?

I'll let the other more knowledgeable dudes give you a proper answer. I've followed the last 3-4 years but I'm certainly no expert with the dirty details.

I've done alright from buying certain dips though and I know @gaz5 has some thoughts on the bull run coming to an end soon but I'd look at now as being an ideal time to buy (long term), I don't keep enough spare fiat to invest (gamble) during down times and usually just buy in every pay day like a noob but if I was a sensible trader I'd probably have some lying around for dips like this.

@Zetterlund and @iron mike python are the two BDE OGs in here so I'd follow anything they say!

Edited by Stormzy

18 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Market was halfway into a recovery until he tweeted again about Bitcoin energy consumption this morning . 

:lol:

No one will ever convince me that anytime he tweets about crypto, it not purposely just to f**k the markets up for laugh. He's 100% a sociopath. 

He's a shameless scam artist taking advantage of the imbeciles hanging off his every word. Now saying he's "working with dogecoin devs", which don't exist as it's a dead project with no development. I doubt he's doing this for money but probably just for the power trip, being able to move markets in a way he's not allowed to do with the regulated stock markets.

Tbf to Mr Musk, BitCoin is environmental unfriendly and being the big electric head he is I can totally understand where he’s coming from. He says he “believes in crypto” I think he genuinely does. There is definitely an element of him manipulating the market and he’s getting a kick out of it (DOGE) but with the Bitcoin thing it seems like a legitimate complaint to have.

It's not a legitimate complaint when he's simultaneously trying to pump Doge. That makes him a massive hypocrite, because Doge is essentially just a fork of Litecoin, and Litecoin is essentially just Bitcoin but faster. They're all proof-of-work protocol, along with thousands of other coins, so you either condemn all coins like this and the tech behind it , or none of them. If Doge had the marketcap of Bitcoin, it would also be abysmal for the environment . You can't condemn one and pump the other, it's just a nonsense position from Musk. 
Litecoin is a fork of Bitcoin, so in essence Doge is also. If you look in the code in GitHub you'll see that there been 1 release since 2019 and that was in February this year. What was one of the items in that release? Removing references to Bitcoin in the Doge codebase.

You couldn't make it up.

The guy who's hobby is launching rockets into space has decided that in the last 3 weeks Bitcoin has become environmentally unfriendly and is shilling another PoW fork of it instead of one if the many PoA coins out there.

It's almost like he's talking pish and the environmental impact of BTC is only a problem because Tesla makes most of its profit through Green Credits and he's been threatened with losing them because of his bitcoin stance. [emoji1787]

Plus, he's a c**t. There's that too. [emoji1787]

Getting an environmental lecture off a billionaire is rather funny. These fannies have the biggest carbon footprints around. Sadly there are many nuggets who listen to shit like that

Trying to make a PoW coin 'more efficient' doesn't make sense, as the network hashrate will always eventually reach an equilibrium point dependent on the energy costs to mine. Someone could magically find a way to mine BTC for half the cost but it would only result in twice as many miners. 

I've been mining Safex Cash since 2018, for the first year using a GPU rig which did 3000h/s and pulled about 600W of power. Then they changed the algo and my current CPU miner does twice the hashrate at a quarter of the power consumption, but the overall network hashrate is much higher so I'm not any better off.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Wow. Hope everyone survived that. 

One of my mates that bought $doge at ATH sold everything today and said he's going to try again....

I longed the dated futures from pretty high prices I had no business being in in the first place. Genuinely thought it was all over as it wicked below $30k. Now painfully underwater with borrowing at 100%+.

Surely no one left to liquidate now, the show goes on.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie