Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Very much so, not far off ATH. The community vote to reduce emissions by 20% seems to have brought the pump.

I currently hold 203 coins which is continuing to be compounded. Price would need to be half of what it is the now for me to lose money which is nice but ill also continue to get more coins

BTC dominance down to 55%.

Is this the sign of Alt Season?
We'll know in the next few days I think. If the total AltCoin market cap moves further away from its previous ATH, or comes back down and double taps it.

Best to have the bags packed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2019 at 13:42, Zetterlund said:

If anyone is curious about getting into cryptocurrencies but doesn't really know where to start, I stumbled across this project recently which you can use every day while also earning coins in the background.

CyberFM online radio pays you in their own CYFM currency just for listening, and there's a good variety of channels for a decent selection of music. A tiered earnings system means the more coins you hold, the more you get paid per song. All you need is an Ethereum address, put it into the mobile app and watch your  earnings go up. Independent artists who contribute music to the service also get paid this way. 

At the moment the coins are very cheap (you can buy millions for a few quid) but there's a decent chance the value will go up as more people get involved and buy the coins to get into the higher earnings tiers. 

Update on this from 2019.

I listened to this app quite a lot back then and earned a decent amount of tokens, but pretty much forgot about it when my work changed and I stopped listening to the radio through the day. 

I recently noticed they'd done a contract swap so my tokens weren't eligible to earn anything now, and being an ETH token it was going to cost $75 in gas fees to swap. My old coins were worth nothing so I thought there was no point and I should just write them off, but by a stroke of luck I found an old ETH address which now had $80 worth sitting in it due to the current high price. So I swapped them over and was pleasantly surprised to find the new tokens are worth about 15x what the old ones ever were.

The development community is much more active now too so I think I'll hold onto them and see what happens down the line. I still think the project is a good use case for crypto so hopefully it continues to grow.

My crypto has gone a bit mad. Im uo about £9k in two months and suspect this will only grow. Im compounding pancake so earning more coins there. Sold half my current coins to a mate so i covered my initial investment on them. We have just left the total coins in to compound and i believe he has switched to a higher apr as well.

Vechain is firing on as well. Bought most of my coins at 2p and now over 10p. I have about 55k coins there so if that keeps going then my profit is going to be rather high

Absolute scenes in Haven (XHV) last night. Some lad on twitter announced he would buy 0.1 BTC worth for every like and retweet he got, before commencing a live commentary with screenshots of him sipping champagne while he pumped a total of 20 BTC in :lol: 

$1.2 million later and he had pretty much cleaned out the 2 main exchanges. My portfolio is looking nice this morning but not sure how long it will hold up after such a pump. I'm extremely bullish on this project going forward though with some big developments incoming.

On 10/04/2021 at 14:23, Aufc said:

My crypto has gone a bit mad. Im uo about £9k in two months and suspect this will only grow. Im compounding pancake so earning more coins there. Sold half my current coins to a mate so i covered my initial investment on them. We have just left the total coins in to compound and i believe he has switched to a higher apr as well.

Vechain is firing on as well. Bought most of my coins at 2p and now over 10p. I have about 55k coins there so if that keeps going then my profit is going to be rather high

How much was your initial investment? 

Congrats! 

Coinbase (COIN) is going public today, hence the volatility. Has  a projected price of $375, if it goes higher than that I think we will see some bullish action in crypto prices.
Was reading an article yesterday that had looked at the financials and thought COIN was overvalued by 81% at $250. Reckoned lots of people in early would make money off an initial pump, but that lots of people would get burned.

Going to be interesting to watch.

Saw it has fallen into a bear flag on the 1m right out of the gate. [emoji846]

7 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Some pump for Chainlink @iron mike python

Yeah Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper has been released going into detail about staking mechanisms. It was co-written by the Ari Juels the former head of the RSA and also many of the best minds from Cornell University and IC3. I will spend this evening reading it.

Here is the overview if anyone is interested:

https://www.smartcontractresearch.org/t/research-summary-chainlink-2-0-next-steps-in-the-evolution-of-decentralized-oracle-networks/300

I should sell but I physically can't bring myself to press the sell button.

1 hour ago, iron mike python said:

Yeah Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper has been released going into detail about staking mechanisms. It was co-written by the Ari Juels the former head of the RSA and also many of the best minds from Cornell University and IC3. I will spend this evening reading it.

Here is the overview if anyone is interested:

https://www.smartcontractresearch.org/t/research-summary-chainlink-2-0-next-steps-in-the-evolution-of-decentralized-oracle-networks/300

I should sell but I physically can't bring myself to press the sell button.

Have your crypto gains changed your work situation? I have a 'quitting work' figure in my mind, not a retirement amount by any stretch, but if achieved it will give me a nice cushion to stop working for someone else and start something myself. This is my hope for 2021 between my crypto holdings and my aggressive/high risk share strategy. Could quite easily go tits up though.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Have your crypto gains changed your work situation? I have a 'quitting work' figure in my mind, not a retirement amount by any stretch, but if achieved it will give me a nice cushion to stop working for someone else and start something myself. This is my hope for 2021 between my crypto holdings and my aggressive/high risk share strategy. Could quite easily go tits up though.

I haven't worked since September but I do have some freelance work lined up for the summer. It has been a mix of covid, personal stuff and the bull market which has kept me away from work (usually on the ships).

What would your plans be once you 'make' your quitting work figure? 

During my time off, I'm not really bored but I miss camaraderie of the workplace. I would love to have some office banter. 

I had a job interview the other day but I don't think I'll get it. It is kind of weird that I am a person that has  'x135' on his investment in 3 years but probably won't get the job. You would think businesses might want to hire someone who does those numbers.

I actually just really enjoy talking about crypto so might try promoting crypto in Scotland in some way when things open up again, at the very least try a meetup somewhere. I went to an ETH meetup in Glasgow before Covid to talk about Defi and everyone attending had so much negative chat about crypto apart from a few positive developers. I had to explain to an ETH meetup how DEFI wasn't a scam in November 2019! I would love to see if people are more open to it this side of Covid.

43 minutes ago, iron mike python said:

I haven't worked since September but I do have some freelance work lined up for the summer. It has been a mix of covid, personal stuff and the bull market which has kept me away from work (usually on the ships).

What would your plans be once you 'make' your quitting work figure? 

During my time off, I'm not really bored but I miss camaraderie of the workplace. I would love to have some office banter. 

I had a job interview the other day but I don't think I'll get it. It is kind of weird that I am a person that has  'x135' on his investment in 3 years but probably won't get the job. You would think businesses might want to hire someone who does those numbers.

I actually just really enjoy talking about crypto so might try promoting crypto in Scotland in some way when things open up again, at the very least try a meetup somewhere. I went to an ETH meetup in Glasgow before Covid to talk about Defi and everyone attending had so much negative chat about crypto apart from a few positive developers. I had to explain to an ETH meetup how DEFI wasn't a scam in November 2019! I would love to see if people are more open to it this side of Covid.

I have a figure of around 4 years earnings across all savings & investments where I'd be comfortable calling it a day with no immediate rush to get back working. One option is to use the first couple of months to learn something new which I considered last year when I was furloughed for 4 months. Back then I decided against it because I thought it'd end up a waste of time once I got back to normal work. Otherwise I would be quite content getting into fixing up properties with my background in engineering and the trades. The main thing for me is time freedom and being in control of my own life. Of course if any of my holdings go crazy and become proper life-changing then I would have to rethink everything.

In 'real life' I've literally never spoken to another person who holds any crypto. Some friends and acquaintances show an interest when I talk about it but have no knowledge whatsoever other than knowing some coin names, and even then it's a stretch past bitcoin and ethereum . I get the impression the UK generally has been slow to catch on, going by everyone I've got to know in the various online communities.

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

At what point should I be cashing out my dogecoin? Unbelievable scenes. Hopefully it hits £1.

Normally I'd have said months ago :lol:

I assume this is some kind of Reddit pump? It looks like almost everything else is being sold for Doge. Bonkers.