Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Bitcoin down to the $43k range and 25% down from the highs. Maybe a few squeaky bums in some corporate boardrooms but nothing unusual after such a rise.
We should see some attractive entry points when the dust settles with many popular mid-caps down over 30%. Pancake Swap nearly minus 50% in the last week - ouch.
Tell me about it. I'm getting rinsed on pancakeswap. [emoji1751]

Fortunately, I'm also in Cardano which is letting me afloat just now. [emoji846]

Yeah, I do think it is a key area.  I reckon 40-44k is a good accumulation area. This is the area Tesla bought so stays in the public consciousness.
Below that could be nasty. 
8/11 years of Bitcoins history in March have been red months [emoji53]
Good info on March.

If BTC stays red in March, as it often does, could that trigger alt season? What have the Alts historically done in March when BTC is red, if you have that info?

30 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Good info on March.

If BTC stays red in March, as it often does, could that trigger alt season? What have the Alts historically done in March when BTC is red, if you have that info?

I would presume if Uniswap (UNI) can make a successful shift to using an L2 solution called Optimism in March then it will be quite a safe bet. Synthetix for the same reason but SNX has been underperforming recently.  

I don't have the figures for alts, due to most of them only being around for a few years.

Also has anyone been using the Swissborg app? Their own token CHSB has a great deal of potential pushing past the $1 marker. We've seen with BNB where this kind of use case token can go to.  You can also store their own token in a yield wallet which accumulates interest.

Also has anyone been using the Swissborg app? Their own token CHSB has a great deal of potential pushing past the $1 marker. We've seen with BNB where this kind of use case token can go to.  You can also store their own token in a yield wallet which accumulates interest.
Had a look at it but decided against based on a few reviews I read about the exchange pricing being "off" and costing a few folks a fair bit on purchases.

Also, in trying to reduce the number of coins I hold, as I was collecting them like Pokemon's! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

What's it like though, any good? What's the staking rates?

6 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

4 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Had a look at it but decided against based on a few reviews I read about the exchange pricing being "off" and costing a few folks a fair bit on purchases.

Also, in trying to reduce the number of coins I hold, as I was collecting them like Pokemon's! emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

What's it like though, any good? What's the staking rates?

Jumped on it a month ago and it's risen 20p a share since I touched it. I obviously find myself rather biased towards it but I really like how easy it is use. I like that it has a track record for each coin. Kinda like a Robin hood format for cryptocurrency. I just wish it had nano has an option. Looks very good to go to at least £1 by the summer IMO. Yield rates are shite unless you have 50k invested already but they're working on a more affordable one for slacks like myself.

Its been pretty stable and I cant see any reason for a massive dip; they also have about 1.5million ready to burn in their protect and burn pool if there should be a massive dip/bear market which must have been why it was defying bitcoin's fall of late.

If you join with the link below you start an account and a min deposit of £50 to start with we both can get a couple extra quid out of it in bitcoin. It's like a scratch card format. I've only managed to gain an extra £3.50 that way though...😐

https://join.swissborg.com/r/robbieDG7L

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Anyone know specifically what the crypto tax rules are when buying from outside the UK? I’ve been in Malta since I bought my crypto which I believe is tax free however I’m not a permanent resident and still used my UK bank etc to make deposits.. or does simply living and working abroad mean I won’t be subject to UK tax laws?

If I could do one thing over in my life, I'd go back to the day I posted this thread and give myself a good talking to and get several thousand quid piled into this.

I have often imagined what would have happened if i had stuck in £5k at the start. I take solace from the fact i would have cashed out well before it reached its peak.

I have some cash in swissborg. Only £1k worth which i invested a month ago. Ive already taken about £300 profit and it is still sitting over my initial investment. So probably up about 50%

My other coins are all doing pretty well whicj always worries me as wonder whether a correction is on the way.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I have often imagined what would have happened if i had stuck in £5k at the start. I take solace from the fact i would have cashed out well before it reached its peak.

I have some cash in swissborg. Only £1k worth which i invested a month ago. Ive already taken about £300 profit and it is still sitting over my initial investment. So probably up about 50%

My other coins are all doing pretty well whicj always worries me as wonder whether a correction is on the way.

Have you engaged in the Swissborg yield wallet at all? What are your thoughts on it?

Have you engaged in the Swissborg yield wallet at all? What are your thoughts on it?

Yeah i have although i get f**k all from my value of money. So dont really have an opinion on it. I absolutely will never be premium as i dont think i could cope with having a huge sum tied up in crypto. The volatility would play havoc with your emotions.

I think one of my mates has a premium and he seems to rave about swissborg. He posts on here. Ill get him to come and give his thoughts

Swissborg yield is quality, interest in it gets paid daily so you can literally compound your balance on it as well. At one point USDC yield was 31% so I had a few k in on that, then the Swissborg yield is 6% which I had about 20k tokens in. Cashed all those out when it hit a dollar though, and my premium coins are locked till November. My target come November is about $10 a coin, so if it hits that I'm proper laughing as I have 50k coins locked.

https://swissborg.com/smart-yield-account

39 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Swissborg yield is quality, interest in it gets paid daily so you can literally compound your balance on it as well. At one point USDC yield was 31% so I had a few k in on that, then the Swissborg yield is 6% which I had about 20k tokens in. Cashed all those out when it hit a dollar though, and my premium coins are locked till November. My target come November is about $10 a coin, so if it hits that I'm proper laughing as I have 50k coins locked.

https://swissborg.com/smart-yield-account

So you're saying I'd be smart to lock all my chsb into the yield wallet? At least you were lucky enough to get in when you had the 50k coins locked. If only I'd heard of this stuff a few months ago.

5 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

So you're saying I'd be smart to lock all my chsb into the yield wallet? At least you were lucky enough to get in when you had the 50k coins locked. If only I'd heard of this stuff a few months ago.

They have just announced today there is a community premium now, and then the higher tier premium which I got in on. Don't be surprised to see the price rise and rise this month as the Ethereum smart yield is being launched soon too. If you have any Swiss in the app it is well worth putting in the yield, free coins really.

876498138_IMAGE2021-03-08165658.thumb.jpg.fcf6a4d6f4d51facc8357010950f2238.jpg

15 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

They have just announced today there is a community premium now, and then the higher tier premium which I got in on. Don't be surprised to see the price rise and rise this month as the Ethereum smart yield is being launched soon too. If you have any Swiss in the app it is well worth putting in the yield, free coins really.

876498138_IMAGE2021-03-08165658.thumb.jpg.fcf6a4d6f4d51facc8357010950f2238.jpg

Explains the rise. Like I said, I'm envious of yourself for being on the high tier premium. I've literally moved everything I have into Swissborg yield and I'm only a couple hundred away on payday from hitting the 2000 mark fortunately.

Edited by the jambo-rocker