Wasps vs Binos

Waspy

Is the Alloa/Stirling "rivalry" based purely on proximity? I can't think of any on field reasons for it. We've had bigger on field rivalries in the years I've been watching Stirling. Have never thought of Alloa as any different from other teams like Brechin or Berwick.

A_r7wdFCAAACtyu.jpg

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am unaware of this song that has been mentioned here. On Saturday, could someone arrange for a nice rousing chorus for my benefit? Cheers!

Is the Alloa/Stirling "rivalry" based purely on proximity? I can't think of any on field reasons for it. We've had bigger on field rivalries in the years I've been watching Stirling. Have never thought of Alloa as any different from other teams like Brechin or Berwick.

Pittied against each other because of geography, but brought closer together because of a mutual loathing of George Grieve.

I know quite a lot of Bino fans arent too bothered about Alloa, but most of us see them as the main rivals otherwise they wouldn't be commonly referred to as the tinks (obviously a reference to the town of Alloa and not the relatively cash-rich football team).

Who can forget the agony of the 7-0 game, or the amusement of seeing those 2 alloa fans taking down their 7-0 banner and leaving forthbank before half time with their team 4-0 town, or the agony of losing to them all four times that season, or the joy of pipping them to the title on the final day? I remember that day we clinched the title, with everyone on the pitch bouncing up and down singing Lets All Laugh At Alloa. Happy days.

So, its our main local derby, it spices things up. When Brechin come to Forthbank they bring 75 fans. When Alloa come they bring 4-500 and sing all game ("stir stir fck yet stir, fck yer Stirling Albion" -- crap song but its better than sitting in silence). They've dished out a few good beatings to us over recent years. The fans spar on forums about off-field matters. Theyre a great wee club, they want to beat us, we want to beat them -- it's all good stuff and I wouldn't try and water it down for anything.

We have also had bigger on field rivalries down the years but ultimately Stirling is the local derby. Not a new thing either, I recall reading a while back about crowd trouble at a King's Park - Alloa game in Stirling in 1912 or around then :thumsup2 . The Stirling press were also very aware of it as in the 1920's they referred to Alloa in the local paper as the "glass blowers" :lol: . A derby of fine lineage without doubt, whatever some might say.

'yawn'

Robertson barely got a game for us last season even as a sub. Came back to us preseason as Smith hadn't seen much of him. Clearly wasn't impressed and let him go. I wouldn't pin too many hopes on him.

I assume Creaney will be playing as well. Please make my day by starting Lewis Coult.

Robertson barely got a game for us last season even as a sub. Came back to us preseason as Smith hadn't seen much of him. Clearly wasn't impressed and let him go. I wouldn't pin too many hopes on him.

I assume Creaney will be playing as well. Please make my day by starting Lewis Coult.

I'm sure he started against us last season?

Creaney will start id imagine and Lewis Coult will most likely be on the bench. Will probably be the same team that faced Elgin

I'm sure he started against us last season?

Creaney will start id imagine and Lewis Coult will most likely be on the bench. Will probably be the same team that faced Elgin

Came on as a sub.

He had 5 starts and 5 sub appearances last season. Nae 40 yard screamers. Or indeed any goals.

To be fair both Creaney and Robertson might do a decent turn in League 1 but they will not be standouts.

looking forward to tomorrows get at the recs better than what ever the binos call there ground now a days hope its a good game no reds cards this time and please oh please let it be 8-0 to the black and gold

Came on as a sub.

He had 5 starts and 5 sub appearances last season. Nae 40 yard screamers. Or indeed any goals.

To be fair both Creaney and Robertson might do a decent turn in League 1 but they will not be standouts.

I think I mind Forfar fans saying Robertson had a great shot on him so maybe he will unleash a 40 yard screamer. The truth is that Robertson and Creaney were both signed by Paul Hartley last summer as squad fillers. I actually think Robertson might be become an asset for the Binos with a regular game.

I dug out the piece I mentioned above about crowd trouble. Turns it was 1913.

"The Stirlingshire Cup Semi-final replay between King's Park and Alloa was brought to a sudden halt when crowd violence led to an abandonment with the score at 1-1. The match was resolved with a thumping 7-1 win by Alloa".

So it seems King's Park and the Binos had quite a lot in common :) .

i know the price will put a few fans off for different reasons but i really hope its like november with the benter that went on between the fans was brilliant from what i remember anyway mon the black and gold

Bit of a let down today, with a reduced attendance due to the prices and weather, no doubt. Alloa good for the win despite a lack of cutting edge, with plenty of passes going astray on the way into the final third. Stirling didn't really create anything until the last twenty minutes, and could have sneaked a cheeky equaliser. Still a fair result.

The Stirling boys were great quality though, keeping the noise up despite a generally miserable atmosphere. Well played.

Was a pretty poor game tbh, our final balls were very sloppy at times. Johnston was pish and Comrie didn't have a great game either. Wedderburn and Doris impressed me today.

The attendance today was 648....that's what happens when you charge £16.

Archived