New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHAMELESS PLUG

Whilst you wait for a new manager try out our new quiz from @sfaquizzes here- it's updated but not sure about some of the names/positions for the earlier years so if there are any corrections to be made let me know cheeeeeers

http://www.sporcle.com/games/AndrewScottMuir/inverness-caledonian-thistle-starting-xis

Billy Reid being touted by a columnist in a local paper this morning. Jesus.

I just misread that as Billy Davies. Mood up and down in a nanosecond :rolleyes:

Ugh.

Although I would hugely prefer none of the usual revolving door suspects, if forced I wouldn't object to Yogi *too* much as he did have Falkirk playing good football with not many resources. I just wouldn't be able to bear listening to him speak after the game. :lol:

John Collins

Billy Stark

Ian Murry

John Robertson

David Weir

I can't see Inverness attracting anyone who will cost much money or Butcher would have stayed.

Some of the names suggested earlier will not come due to money being offered or because they think they are too good for ICT, or because they will be to scared to try to follow the job that Butcher has done.

realistically I think it will be someone operating at the lower levels or someone desparate for another chance, hence my suggestions.

Kevin MacDonald has been linked, mainly because he's Invernessian. He didn't have a great time at Swindon but went into a difficult situation. I found this article

http://thewashbag.com/2013/07/14/we-need-to-talk-about-kevin-macdonald/

Tactically, changes were more ‘controversial’ with Paolo’s disciplined 4-4-2 changing to a fluid 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 and then back to a 4-4-2 and back again…

That sounds a hell of a lot better than the 4-6-0 alternative ...

Interesting reading.

Don't understand the Foran odds at all, my worry at the moment is he will head down to Edinburgh, not that he will stay in Inverness and make a fine career out of being sent the stands every game for dissent :lol:

Apologies for the spamming but Richie Foran's odds are shortening for the managers job.

And rightly so.

I don't believe he is quite ready to step into the Number 1 job just yet, but the efforts he has put in over the years should be recognised and rewarded. He should definitely be offered some involvement in a training/coaching capacity - he obviously knows all the players well, and will know how to get the best out of them. That for me would be a sensible move and would help in a continuity sense.

The last thing this club needs right now is a fresh face, or some upstart coming in determined to make wholesale changes and do things his way.

I do believe Steve Marsella is to remain at the club, and if that is true he is another who should be rewarded for his efforts.

I still say John (Robbo) Robertson, assisted by by Marsella (and Foran) would be the dream ticket.

I don't think we should appoint Robertson. He has failed at every job he's had since leaving us and I think that the group of players he inherited from Paterson made him look a lot better than he was.

Archived