New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Archibald?

Who knows? ICT have done great things over the last few seasons and will tempt a few high profile/quality applications. Alan is still learning the trade and has a young family so I don't think he would want to move North at this point in time, especially as Thistle are still in the Premiership.

Who do the ICT fans want for the role? I assume the board will take their time to appoint a replacement or is there someone they have in mind after Tel's flirting with Barsnley last season?

My choice would be at the moment would be Paul Hartley.

Funny though to look back and remember we knocked back Paul Lambert years ago for Craig Brewster.

I need to look further though, see who else there is.

Certainly would prefer a manager who's range and contacts go far and wide to find these wee gems in the lower leagues.

Barry Ferguson is the strong rumour up this way. Ha.

Would that be the end of the world? The three we had prior to Wright were exactly the type of candidate and they all went onto manage Championship clubs (one ending up in the Premiership), taking us from 8th in the first division to 3rd in the SPL.

If he's up for it, I think that's a pretty decent shout. Just my opinion, mind.

Would that be the end of the world? The three we had prior to Wright were exactly the type of candidate and they all went onto manage Championship clubs (one ending up in the Premiership), taking us from 8th in the first division to 3rd in the SPL.

If he's up for it, I think that's a pretty decent shout. Just my opinion, mind.

The three we had all showed a desire to get into coaching though. Indeed Coyle and Lomas had already taken their first steps down this route. Ferguson would appear to prefer the easier option of taking the media buck for telling us what a big brave soldier Lee McCulloch is....

Archived