New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes has always been respectful when we've beaten them; he seems to always compliment the other team rather than bemoaning his own team's performance and/or blaming things on the referee. Guid c**t, and glad that ICT are doing as well as they are. Hope they win the Cup.

I think he has done an amazing job at ICT, 2 Cup finals in the 2 seasons he has been in charge and looking likely to be our best ever league final position and achieving European football as well. The man is a legend.

^^^ idiot found

Self deprecation is attractive and you probably found yourself running to the popular place like a child in Mike Reid's "Runaround".

Even recently, those that can't quite admit that he's terrific will say that "he can only be judged when he has to build his own team".

Unbelievable day.

In 20 years following the club, have never had so many highs and lows as today. What a rollercoaster of emotions - thought we had it at 2-1.

John Hughes, the players and all associated with ICT deserve this moment.

Can't wait till 30 May.

Inverness still play more than their fare share of his trademarked "tippy tappy shite between the full back and the centre half followed by a launch up the park for a wee guy to chase." They just happen to have an excellent midfield which can circumvent this.

Unbelievable day.

In 20 years following the club, have never had so many highs and lows as today. What a rollercoaster of emotions - thought we had it at 2-1.

John Hughes, the players and all associated with ICT deserve this moment.

Can't wait till 30 May.

Just popped in to say well done Caley in the Semi, always had a soft spot for your great club .

If we weren't going to win it , I'd love to see you do it all the best in the Final.

Caley Thistle play good, entertaining football. It's always good to meet Scottish sides who don't just park the bus but have a real go at us. Hope you get to keep Hughes, he's done incredibly well for you.

PS: Still bitter about yesterday :(

Scottish cup final and 3rd in the league should really make him manager of the year.

I was one of many people who thought he'd be utter pish for you,

Looks like I was wrong.

This.

Well done ICT.

Just popped in to say well done Caley in the Semi, always had a soft spot for your great club . If we weren't going to win it , I'd love to see you do it all the best in the Final.

I would like to echo the above. 100% credit to all at ICT. I do not buy into all the crap being spouted about the result hinging on the gross errors of all the officials. Celtic teams of yesteryear would have simply upped their to overcome this, so fair play Caley, and I hope you win the cup.

p.s. Big Yogi is by a mile the best after dinner speaker I have ever heard. The story about losing his virginity is pure class!

Alot of Falkirk fans only remeber Hughes for the signing of "Dads Army" ect and near enough bringing the club to its knees. but he is our best manager in my lifetime.

But the nearly brought our club to its knees but is the key. Unforgivable.

Archived