New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised hes leaving ICT for Hibs, a sideways step really at best as the squads sit, although his budget will be bigger his current wage bill is also bigger. Thought he'd have moved to England before another SPL club, but there you go

As most people seem to be slightly hinting, the more "important" aspect of this deal is Marsella, the clubs will probably have a larger fight over him than Butcher

Spot on there RG....

For those outside ICT circles see here :

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-man-steve-marsella-key-5951631

Totally rehabilitated and doing a great job at Formartine. Doubt he'd want to give up his day job (counsellor of some description I think) to be thrown back in the limelight though, knowing his 'life experience' will constantly be brought up.

As an aside, anybody who hasn't read Pele's autobiography should buy a copy pronto. Amazing read.

Rehabilitated well after the state's I've seen him in of late then he MUSTV been bad before

If he's got any sense, yes.

Happily though, it now appears that the "done deal" between him and Hibs was all a figment of Chic Young's imagination.

I'm sure I heard on the radio today that Butcher had agreed personal terms with Hibs?

Might Butcher's desire to take Malpas and Marsella with him be a stumbling block? Or maybe they're negotiating compensation?

Shiels would be much better suited to the Inverness job than the Hibs job. He'd invoke that community spirit that appears to be so lacking in the Highland capital. As for whether he'd better Butcher on the pitch, I have my serious reservations.

1. Agree with your point that Shiels would make an excellent ICT manager.

2. Your new "cherio" ten in a row avatar :wub:

Looks like your keeping Terry :(

f**k you, Chic.

I wouldn't be too sure but then I'm a glass empty kind of person anyway. The whole thing is utterly bizarre though. Maybe Butcher is saying that no contact has been made to cover the fact that Hibs and Butcher had a wee word behind ICTs back but that would be almost unheard of given that Butcher has been openly honest about pretty much everything since he has been at ICT.

Someone is lying here. Either the BBC or ICT. I really hope it's the former.

Surely the ICT fans who used to call KS a cock etc wouldnt accept him as manager or is it duplicitous to say that ;)

Like Killie Lad says Alan Johnston AND Sandy Clark are available for 2 mutton pies and a cold bovril

Football fans are fickle. If Butcher goes I reserve the right to start shouting "DIEEEEEGO!" at him and claim he wasn't that good anyway. If he stays then I will say he is a legend and I never doubted he was going.

I think Paul has done a great job at Arbroath. Promotion from Division 3 was almost expected of his team, which is a lot of pressure for a first season in management, so that alone was impressive but backing that up with a play-off spot the next year in the division above was an amazing achievement.

Since then he's lost a few good players but has kept the ship steady. I reckon he's done all he can do at Arbroath and when a suitable vacancy in the Championship turns up he'll be all over it. Possible ICT manager of the future, though.

Sheering is at the right club. Wouldn't wish him on anyone else.

Hopefully he won't go, it all seems a bit up in the air. Looks like Chic blew his wad prematurely. The way the BBC were talking about it yesterday it was a done deal, surely though Butcher can see that he can go a bit higher than Hibs? No disrespect to Hibs but they are just a slightly bigger fish in our small pond- and anyway man for man our first 11 is overwhelmingly superior, he'd be finishing below us not just this season but next season as well.

I always thought if we lost him it would be to a team down south- elike the Middlesborough job thats still not filled.

If he does go I wouldn't mind someone young and upcoming- Paul Hartley would be my shout after what he's done at Alloa.

Archived