New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

After seeing this I want him as gaffer. I'm in tears. What's the story behind this?

EDIT - I like the picture. Not the fact he is chasing boys around the kitroom. Where's the pic from?

I'm afraid I can't remember where the photo's from.

As for chasing boys starkers around the dressing room, Derek Riordan came out a few years ago and told the story: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2543501/Pars-0-Hibernian-4.html

Derek Riordan panicked when he learned John Hughes was going back to Hibs - because he couldn't bear to see him naked again!

Striker Riordan revealed how his new boss used to strip off and chase the Hibees youngsters around the dressing room in his Easter Road playing days.

And he admits he's glad Yogi keeps his clothes on nowadays.

Deek smiled: "The gaffer was mad when I was a youngster and he was one of the senior pros.

"The main thing that's changed since I played alongside him is that he doesn't chase you around naked any more!

"He used to turn all the lights off and chase the young players around the dressing room with no clothes on."

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give him a chance, Inverness are in a fortunate position that they can take a gamble on their next manager due to a favourable league position.

He's been a relative success in Scotland, his record probably more admirable than Butchers before he took over Inverness and maybe his time in England may have mellowed him out slightly. Yes when he speaks to reporters you wonder if a journalist is going to offer him crayons at the end of it but you know his hearts in the right place and will give his all to the club.

I think an SPL team might be his next stop actually. He'll struggle to get another gig in the championship having been sacked twice in that league.

I've got to be honest - he's probably been our weakest manager his John Connolly, who was terrible. The ones that followed - McInnes, Lomas and now Wright - were all better than him IMO.

Yeah my thinking precisely. He might get a gig as Yogi`s number 2.

Well that's fucking bizarre if it is Hughes. I'd have been underwhelmed if he got the Morton job, ICT going for him is mental. He's not a guaranteed disaster like Brewster would be (where the hell did that rumour come from?) but his record since leaving Falkirk is hardly impressive.

Nah. Looking forward to the Caley fans greeting when their club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom.

Will probably be Hibs fans fault GLORIOUS.png

Blame the manager for all a football clubs problems, of course you can always sack him after a year then all your problems are solved.

Of course here at Inverness we aspire to be a well run club just like Hibs. :1eye

Hughes did well at Falkirk until his last 2 seasons which were dreadful apart from the last few games of the relegation survival season and the cup run to Hampden. He'll work well with limited resources at ICT but don't even think about giving him money to spend or he'll make a James Hunt of it.

In his second last season we missed out on the top six in the last 5 minutes of the final game at Pittodrie, after our main striker had been injured for about three months. That was probably the best Falkirk team there's been since the early 90s.

Has any club he's been at had a good record in the several seasons after he's been there?

Exactly.

Aye, you're really adding weight to your own argument there...

Blame the manager for all a football clubs problems, of course you can always sack him after a year then all your problems are solved.

Of course here at Inverness we aspire to be a well run club just like Hibs. :1eye

Thread bookmarked for when Hughes is sacked within 18 months 8)

In his second last season we missed out on the top six in the last 5 minutes of the final game at Pittodrie, after our main striker had been injured for about three months. That was probably the best Falkirk team there's been since the early 90s.

Aye, you're really adding weight to your own argument there...

If clubs continually suffer the same fate after employing a certain manager, I'd say it can only mean two things; he's such an amazing manager that nobody can match up to his standards. Or he's a fucking donkey who leaves the playing squad in a complete mess that takes several transfer windows to recover from.

You think Hughes is the first kind aye? :1eye Most Falkirk fans seem to recognise that the guy is clueless.

Thread bookmarked for when Hughes is sacked within 18 months 8)

Most Hibs managers in recent years last less than that, especially when they have messed up your club from top to bottom.

Yogi had a great start at Hibs because we had some really good players. Players who began to believe their own hype and turned off. I can't remember the gap we had over Dundee Utd for 3rd at one point, but is was something about 15 points or so. The wheels fell off for him big time in Febuary. We lost 3-0 to Rangers in a game at Ibrox which we actually played decent in. Boyd fouled everything in green and Rangers were given a typical soft pen. No problem I thought, we'll cuff St Johnstone in mid week.....they humped us 5-0. Thus began turgid football where we hardly picked up a win, even being 6-2 up at Motherwell at one time. Players like Riordan and Stokes up front was a fantastic partnership, even though they hated each other. Liam Miller was good in midfield and Zemmama on the wing with big Sol in defence. All good players, then Yogi lost the dressing room. Also he bought Graeme Smith...willingly.

Archived