New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

We might have finished 4th that season and qualified for Europe but his football was pish except the first half of the 09/10 season.

We might have finished 4th that season and qualified for Europe but his football was pish except the first half of the 09/10 season.

Fourth, Europe and some reasonable football.

Wow, that sounds horrific :o

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take note that a lot of fans both our own and other clubs thought Terry Butcher was a terrible appointment - http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/100068-butcher-unveiled-as-new-ict-manager/

Nobody knows how it will work out and in Butchers case it did despite the expert's opinions. :)

Great find.

Apparently Butcher will keep his role as Scotland assistant and regular Setanta pundit. I'm happy enough with the appointment to be honest. Certainly, for me, one of the better names of the usual suspects that emerged after Brewster was fired.

8)

How long until the first "Terrence Butcher knows what he is doing" thread biggrin.gif ?

Terrible appointment. Butcher is an idiot and so is Malpas.

That said, think it's still perm any one from five for the drop.

:lol:

As for Hughes, I'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that he's going to manage my team. He'll absolutely get my support but I was hoping that we would get Hartley myself. I think he was a much better choice.

As for Hughes, I'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that he's going to manage my team. He'll absolutely get my support but I was hoping that we would get Hartley myself. I think he was a much better choice.

On the plus side, think of the time we'll save not having to listen to post-match interviews, because they will consist of "the boys showed great character" regardless if we win or lose. :rolleyes:

Brewster v2.0 aside, the board have always chosen well, but I just can't see what Yogi offered that no-one else didn't.

Getting rid of Stokes and bringing in shite like Duffy and Valdas to replace him

You're right. Playing pish football and finishing 7th-10th is a massive improvement.

Was Hughes not the reason Stokes went to Hibs in the first place? After a successful season, Celtic then made Hibs an offer they couldn't refuse.

Yogi is the most successful post-war Falkirk manager, Hibs haven't finished as high since he left, he did a reasonable job at Livingston and his points per game record at a dreadful Hartlepool side would've kept them up if it was extrapolated over a full season.

He's got an accent that makes him sound thick though, so dreadful appointment.

Yogi is the most successful post-war Falkirk manager, Hibs haven't finished as high since he left, he did a reasonable job at Livingston and his points per game record at a dreadful Hartlepool side would've kept them up if it was extrapolated over a full season.

He's got an accent that makes him sound thick though, so dreadful appointment.

Was it not him that took you boys down or is my memory playing tricks on me?

What were the contractual reasons with Hartley? Couldn't move the city close enough to Edinburgh?

No idea of the ins and outs concerning Hartley with this job. Concerning his Alloa contract, I think he just signs for us for a year at a time, his contract was likely up in May. He stays in Hamilton fwiw.

John Hughes? Seriously?

Ah well. Despite ICT being one of the most hard working and organised sides I've seen in the last few years, he'll come in and "get thum in shape, wurkin' hard".

The man is a fucking moron, and a shite coach to boot.

IMO, of course.

A manager takes you to fouth and into Europe, whilst plays good football, is a disaster of an appointment elsewhere?

45NAg.gif

I hadn't quite realised his relative 'success' rate until pointed out there. He seems to like playing football 'the right way' and gets a lot out of sometimes limited players. The proof seems to be that he can go stale in time, but I think this is a good appointment for ICT. Hartley will get his chance in the not too distant future too, I'd imagine, although I'm surprised ICT didn't pick him up if I'm honest.

Getting rid of Stokes and bringing in shite like Duffy and Valdas to replace him

High expectations always ruin any chance Hibs ever have of becoming a team to be reckoned with. How long will Butcher be given to claim that European spot, March?.

Just remember Inverness CT fans were starting to question Butchers tactics and quality of player he was bringing in only two years ago, which was true Terry made some poor signings and some of the players he brought up with the team from the 1st Division weren't up to it. But he turned it around because he was given time to put it right.

John Hughes was never given enough time at Hibs and when results went on the slump the handwringing and the knicker wetting started as usual. If it is John Hughes he will be given time up here, this season won't be a problem as all he needs to do in terms of how we play is maintain the continuity. The next job will be to start resigning players for next season and I'm quite sure through his experiences he is a wiser manager now.

:lol: On the subject of not giving enough time, proven goalscorer Daryll Duffy was only given 7 games at Hibs with no goals. Billy McKay took a full season before becoming a regular scorer, we gave him time. Same goes for Adam Rooney and even further back our record goal scorer Dennis Wyness took over a season before he became prolific.

Was it not him that took you boys down or is my memory playing tricks on me?

In Yogi's last season we finished 10th (avoiding relegation on the last day at Inverness funnily enough), we reached the Scottish Cup final and qualified for Europe, and also reached the League Cup semi.

We were relegated as soon as he left.

Hibs had an unbelievable start to the season basically playing a 4-2-4 with Zemmama and Riordan out wide, two midgets in the middle and Bamba kamikazeing it about the back.

Eventually he got found out and had us on relegation form for most of the season. The next season he signed Stephens, Hart, De Graaf etc, got pumped 6-2 by Maribor and started the season with two wins by October.

Absolutely terrible manager. I'd rather have Fenlon back than Hughes.

Rumour is he signed Daryl Duffy to replace Stokes then sliced him in his first training session and put him out for most of the season :lol:

No idea of the ins and outs concerning Hartley with this job. Concerning his Alloa contract, I think he just signs for us for a year at a time, his contract was likely up in May. He stays in Hamilton fwiw.

I'm just wondering who's pulling the strings regarding Paul Hartley and his coaching team, suspicions who ever it is has their eye on a bigger appointment than manager at Inverness. I suspect Paul Hartley has friends in high places.

I'm just wondering who's pulling the strings regarding Paul Hartley and his coaching team, suspicions who ever it is has their eye on a bigger appointment than manager at Inverness. I suspect Paul Hartley has friends in high places.

That's a good shout was something like 7 sackings down south last week

Archived