New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing good football,2nd in the league, league cup semi, and still in the Scottish cup. It's quite some achievement for the board to get pretty much every ICT fan raging at the managerial appointment.

He better hit the ground running.

I just heard this on the radio when I was in the car :lol:

Given the folk who applied I'd be severely underwhelmed if not utterly disappointed if my team had just appointed John Hughes.

His time at Falkirk was frustrating to the max, you could see that there was so much potential in the squad or you could see that a game was there for the taking but John would just stick to what he 'knew' and you'd sit there pulling your hair out at his inadequacies and lack of ideas.

He has a genuine eye for a player though - I think he'd make an excellent scout or even an assistant manager - but he failed to use the players he brought in properly ... sometimes not even using them at all !!! usually cause he fell out with them or they wouldn't be bullied !! Take Denzil for instance, the only time I saw him play was on telly during the World Cup where he had David f'kin Beckham in his back pocket for the entire game - he played zero minutes for Falkirk ! And then Roman Wallner ... I saw him come off the bench and change a game .... then he never plaed for Falkirk again :wacko:

And then there were the players he insisted on using all the f'kin time who should not have been anywhere near the pitch !!

He also hated fans favorites for some reason (other than Latapy of course) Chanting or shouting for a player to come off the bench was the worst thing you could do as a supporter cause it meant John would just not bring him on !

I think he could have done more at Falkirk - his stubbornness and lack of a Plan 'B' (and sometimes even a Plan 'A') let him down - I believe he has had the most resources at his disposal than any other Falkirk manager in my time, I think other managers would have done better under those circumstances,

In the end he left us in a right ruddy mess with a team of over-paid, OAPs on longer contracts than he ever offered any youngsters !!

It still felt like we had a rookie in charge right to the end :(

We take a club above us in the league's manager and they appoint a terrible one in his place? I reckon I'll take this news tbh.

You don't believe in the Caley curse either? :lol:

That coupled with Petrie's car crash leadership style and the Hibs fans fantasies of where the club should be in the league and cups in relation to the others, poor Terrys going to start wondering WTF have I got my self into?

We managed to bring out the best in every manager we have had. 8)

Heard the stumbling block with Hartley is that he wanted to commute from the centrl belt which Inverness were not happy about. Hughes is second choice.

Don't believe this for a minute. How the fk could you commute to Inverness from the Central Belt?

I take it this hasn't been decided for definite yet? Hills still offering prices on the next ICT manager?

Posted 03 December 2013 - 18:29 PM

(From William Hills):

Next Inverness Manager

John Hughes 8/13

Craig Brewster 7/4

Paul Hartley 12/1

(Others available on request)

If the odds still exist get all your money on it. Told by an ICT player an hour ago it is 100% certain.

New manager bounce pretty much guaranteed with big Yogi. He's genuinely enthusiastic and will pump his team up.

Then it will go tits-up and he'll be bagged. I give it two seasons, max.

ICT don't need a "bounce" they've been doing very well even without Butcher

I predict a Yogi Dip from the start

Can't understand the negativity regarding the appointment. We haven't had a manager in three games and we've been undefeated. That speaks volumes about the character of the current squad. Unless he comes in and drastically changes things, which nobody would dream of, he's going to do just fine. I have full confidence in the board, i'm sure they saw something in Hughes that impressed them. Also, loving all the pant-wetting from the Hibs fans. I'm glad they've found something to laugh at other than their hilariously tragic mediocrity :lol: This time it'll work though lads...

i'm sure they saw something in Hughes that impressed them.

He's cheap, doesn't require compensation to a current club, and has obviously agreed to live in the Highlands.

Boosh - boxes ticked, job done. Yogi's yer' man.

Hibs fans worried Yogi might be more successful up here than Terry and Mo could be at Hibs.

When he wins Inverness the Scottish cup, it will probably be the most hilarious thing to happen in Scottish football, other than the Sevco fiasco.

Archived