New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

Hibs had an unbelievable start to the season basically playing a 4-2-4 with Zemmama and Riordan out wide, two midgets in the middle and Bamba kamikazeing it about the back.

Eventually he got found out and had us on relegation form for most of the season. The next season he signed Stephens, Hart, De Graaf etc, got pumped 6-2 by Maribor and started the season with two wins by October.

Absolutely terrible manager. I'd rather have Fenlon back than Hughes.

Rumour is he signed Daryl Duffy to replace Stokes then sliced him in his first training session and put him out for most of the season :lol:

Totally spot on.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25203280

Both Hartley and Shiels out of the running now, John Hughes appointment immanent.

Shiels has been chucking toys and grenades about for the last two days from his bunker in temper tantrums over probably realising he didn't get the job at Inverness, blaming the Scottish managerial mafia and Michael Johnston for supposedly ruining his career in Scotland.

Hibs had an unbelievable start to the season basically playing a 4-2-4 with Zemmama and Riordan out wide, two midgets in the middle and Bamba kamikazeing it about the back.

Eventually he got found out and had us on relegation form for most of the season. The next season he signed Stephens, Hart, De Graaf etc, got pumped 6-2 by Maribor and started the season with two wins by October.

Absolutely terrible manager. I'd rather have Fenlon back than Hughes.

Rumour is he signed Daryl Duffy to replace Stokes then sliced him in his first training session and put him out for most of the season :lol:

Some record since he left eh.

If this thread's taught me anything it's that Hibs have some of the most fickle, ungrateful fans in Scottish football. I can't wait till Hughes' Caley team hump them 5-1 next year, cue the Hibees calling for Butcher to get the sack.

If this thread's taught me anything it's that Hibs have some of the most fickle, ungrateful fans in Scottish football. I can't wait till Hughes' Caley team hump them 5-1 next year, cue the Hibees calling for Butcher to get the sack.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hughes did well at Falkirk until his last 2 seasons which were dreadful apart from the last few games of the relegation survival season and the cup run to Hampden. He'll work well with limited resources at ICT but don't even think about giving him money to spend or he'll make a James Hunt of it.

:lol: :lol: Hughes is a great one for those with a hard-on for Hibs fans, because it can be made out that he was only given a 2 or 3 month dip after a good season. The reality is we were in complete free-fall for nearly a year. If he'd performed at the same rate as his second season start (doubtful, it was getting worse every week and one of his two wins was a complete robbing) we'd have finished in =11th with 33 points.

Yogi obviously has some qualities as a manager. The one which deals with things going against you and keeps player's heads up through a bad spell was obviously one he didn't. I worked with an ex Hibs youngster who supported other stories I'd heard of him being a complete and utter bully. His archaic "one eh the boys" style can work for a spell but unsurprisingly falls apart eventually. The amount of youngsters that were completely ruined under him is no surprise.

Some record since he left eh.

Has any club he's been at had a good record in the several seasons after he's been there?

Exactly.

"He used to turn all the lights off and chase the young players around the dressing room with no clothes on."

hughes-goes-ape.jpg

After seeing this I want him as gaffer. I'm in tears. What's the story behind this?

EDIT - I like the picture. Not the fact he is chasing boys around the kitroom. Where's the pic from?

You can't say that on here. It's us, the fans of other teams, that insist Hibs fans are ungrateful and fickle. They're down to earth and have reasonable expectations.

Yogi is the most successful post-war Falkirk manager, Hibs haven't finished as high since he left, he did a reasonable job at Livingston and his points per game record at a dreadful Hartlepool side would've kept them up if it was extrapolated over a full season.

He's got an accent that makes him sound thick though, so dreadful appointment.

Aye he was good for Falkirk. The fans on here kept going on about top 6 being the promised land and how he wasn't capable of taking them to "the next level". Annoys me when Saints fans go on about the top 6. Clubs our size should be grateful for top flight football.Especially when we were stuck in the First Division for so long.

Could be a good appointment for ICT. I think there were some better candidates out there but there were a lot of bad ones too.

Archived