New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be very happy if Hartley got the gig. Certainly done a fantastic job with the Wasps - see this from Wikki :

Hartley was appointed player/manager at Alloa Athletic on 17 May 2011, despite having announced his retirement as a player on 13 May.[25] Hartley was appointed to get Alloa back into the second division having been relegated the season before. Hartley had the tough job of rebuilding the squad as every player's contract had expired. Of the team only three players were offered new contracts, of those only one player accepted. Hartley managed to get a full squad together and Alloa won the title on 7 April 2012.[26] He led the side to a successive promotion through the Scottish First Division play-offs in May 2013, relegating Dunfermline Athletic in the process.

Also appears to have a good back room team in Paddy Connolly and Paul Gallacher.

Assuming Munro and Tokely aren't interested and the return of Robbo now appears unlikely I say ICT should go for it!

I mind a game where some boy shouted loads of homophobic shite at him, and he just eyeballed the guy every time he went to take a corner, blew kisses at him, waggled his arse and everything.

By half-time the poor b*****d was so freaked out he went and hid in some other bit of the ground :lol:

Mentally tough enough to be a great manager I would say.

Potentially a good prospect for Caley; the transition from part-time management to full-time will be tricky and would be the biggest risk of the appointment. This season has been Hartley's first real test because right now Alloa are probably the best-resourced part-time team in Scotland, but he's had them playing really good football proven they're good enough to compete in the Championship, so fair play. I could see a few of his Alloa team following him to the Premiership, actually (depending on what their current full-time jobs are like).

Crazy that Hartley's reign at Alloa is currently the 10th longest of all managers in the SPFL.

I suspect we'll start talking to him today after getting permission from Alloa yesterday. Bold prediction there.

I'd be dead chuffed if we were able to secure him and it will make the ICT v Hibs games much more interesting with an ex Jambo potentially managing us and our previous management team now down Leith way.

Ryan McCord and Scott Bain would settle into life in the top flight quite comfortably, I'd imagine.

Ben Gordon is probably the best part time centre half out there but I believe he has a decent full time job.

I suspect we'll start talking to him today after getting permission from Alloa yesterday. Bold prediction there.

I'd be dead chuffed if we were able to secure him and it will make the ICT v Hibs games much more interesting with an ex Jambo potentially managing us and our previous management team now down Leith way.

He's an ex-Hibee aswell. He just didn't play too well for them, but at Hearts seemed to play really well against them. So yes, potentially a cracking fixture anyway :D

I do hope he stays with the mighty wasps however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAnkrPgTvY

I would be very happy if Hartley got the gig. Certainly done a fantastic job with the Wasps - see this from Wikki :[/size]

Hartley was appointed player/manager at [/size]Alloa Athletic on 17 May 2011, despite having announced his retirement as a player on 13 May.[/size][25] Hartley was appointed to get Alloa back into the second division having been relegated the season before. Hartley had the tough job of rebuilding the squad as every player's contract had expired. Of the team only three players were offered new contracts, of those only one player accepted. Hartley managed to get a full squad together and Alloa won the title on 7 April 2012.[/size][26] He led the side to a successive promotion through the [/size]Scottish First Division play-offs in May 2013, relegating [/size]Dunfermline Athletic in the process.[/size]

Also appears to have a good back room team in Paddy Connolly and Paul Gallacher.[/size]

Assuming Munro and Tokely aren't interested and the return of Robbo now appears unlikely I say ICT should go for it![/size]

Gallacher now a player coach at Firhill, however Hartley would be a sound appointment, imo. Built a squad virtually from scratch and won back to back promotions and sitting pretty in The Championship.

He also has a win record of over 50%, having just had his 100th game in cherge of The Wasps. Would Colin Cameron be a replacement for him?

Heard on Radio Scotland that he is due for talks today and the ICT board plan to have a short- list of two over the weekend and an appointment should be made arou.d this time next week.

I gon't envisage ICT dropping off too much in the short-term as they have a settled squad and unless a new coach makes drastic changes they should carry on picking up their fair share of points.

Ben Gordon is probably the best part time centre half out there but I believe he has a decent full time job.

Aye he works for Morgan Stanley, would be a bit of a risk to walk away from a job like that. Solid player but I doubt he's quite Premiership quality anyway.

Solid player but I doubt he's quite Premiership quality anyway.

He isn't. Ben is a good, solid, part-time centre half who has improved in confidence and awareness in his time under PH at Alloa.

If the manager does go to ICT then I don't think he'll plunder our team at all, for the simple reason that while we have some very good young players, the step up would be too big for them. Scott Bain and Kevin Cawley are the only two I could see going, and possibly just Bain.

Archived