New Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager

Peter Grant was quoted as a contender for the Hibs job - surprised not to see him quoted for this one.

I don't reckon Jimmy Calderwood will get another management job.

Actually, I don't reckon Robbo will get another management job, unless he's drafted in to take over from Locke, if and when we come out of Administration.

What became of Craig Brewster, btw?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stumbled across this Kenny Shiels interview this morning on YouTube. I'm completely sold on him getting the job after watching it.

Was sat in front of the Master Troll on the train last night. Assuming he was also heading along to Hampden as I gather he goes to rakes of games and takes notes. Would imagine he'd do a decent job and the guy is also excellent entertainment.

I stumbled across this Kenny Shiels interview this morning on YouTube. I'm completely sold on him getting the job after watching it.

Kenny Shiels and Jimmy Nichol will be the next management team in charge of ICT.

You heard it here first.

God I hope not.

Why not?

They were successful at Kilmarnock. Won them a major trophy, likes to bring young kids through the youth system and will defend the club to the hilt. Not to mention Kenny's larger than life personality.

He will win you the League Cup and will get you into Europe by finishing 2nd.

You heard it here first.

Yep Kenny Sheils would be my choice, not just because he is a good manager but also because he will fight our corner and speak up.

Reckon he's the man to take the club further than Butcher and Malpas.

Why not?

They were successful at Kilmarnock. Won them a major trophy, likes to bring young kids through the youth system and will defend the club to the hilt. Not to mention Kenny's larger than life personality.

He will win you the League Cup and will get you into Europe by finishing 2nd.

You heard it here first.

Because of that oft repeated tendency of his to put his mouth in gear before his brain.

He would more than likely spend most of his time here sitting in the stand - he's just not what we need right now.

Listened to an interview with Paul Hartley this afternoon, whose team one again today. Maybe not quite finished his apprenticeship yet, but he's definitely worthy of consideration. To me, he should be much higher up on the pecking order than motor mouth.

I honestly can't believe some of the ICT fans being so against Shiels getting the gig. He'll bleed ICT blood for you, try and get young boys through the system, will be prominent in the local community and I reckon he would do a magic job.

If he does get it, I'll be massively jealous and may even have to make ICT my wee team.

:)

Haha wee team.

When yer a championship club next year ya'll be the 1st person ever too have a wee team in a league higher up than yours.

Thats cute :wub:

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

I honestly can't believe some of the ICT fans being so against Shiels getting the gig.  He'll bleed ICT blood for you, try and get young boys through the system, will be prominent in the local community and I reckon he would do a magic job.

If he does get it, I'll be massively jealous and may even have to make ICT my wee team.

I'm Butcher spent the odd game in the stand while at ICT?

He certainly smashed the odd door and dug-out ;)

I honestly can't believe some of the ICT fans being so against Shiels getting the gig. He'll bleed ICT blood for you, try and get young boys through the system, will be prominent in the local community and I reckon he would do a magic job.

This

Any ICT fan who has doubts needs to watch the video top six next year posted and you will see how Kenny is talking about bringing through as many Ayrshire boys to play for Killie as possible. He understands how teams like Killie are a big part of their community and having as many local lads in the first team as possible will attract more supporters to come and watch them.

I have no doubts he would do the same for ICT and the Highlands.

So why is he not still at Killie performing such wonders?

Having that creepy Kenny (I've read a poem!) Shiels on MFR would start a cringe epidemic in the Highlands. The last thing Caley need at the moment is an ego monster to come in and stir things up. Someone like Sutton, with his contacts in England, assisted by Foran, would keep things ticking over nicely as they are, with the short term boost that you always get with new management. Sutton appears to have done pretty well in his short period at Lincoln, and has worked under top managers. Anyway he's almost evens at Paddy Power now and I got in at 4-1. So he better get it.

Kenny Shiels GTF!

P.S. Book appears to be closed on both PP and McBookies..

Shiels and Nicholls wouldn't be a negative choice imho, robbo as much as I like him is a backwards step, so many positive upcoming managers at the moment ie Hartley-sheerin etc but we need too the horror of many perhaps a levein-burley-shiels-wheres lothar mattheius these days lol chin up at the end of the day as ICT fans we have supreme confidence in the board to choose the right man. Shiels for me!

Butcher has let himself down in my book, we gave him the chance to resurrect his managerial career after a couple of failures at Sydney and Brentford and I think he got scared of actually achieving something this season and threw it all away for what, to become just another stastistic in the hibs cutting room floor come time?!? It's a shame really but this ICT team would and will be a success with butcher or WITHOUT because they all have character and a bond that fights for each other not just a manager like butcher who showed his true colours in running from achievement to mediocracy!!!!!

Archived