Hooligans in the Highlands

Confidemus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just the locals.

I was in Pitlochry yesterday while a load of Celtic supporters made their way from the bus to the offy, singing "Ooh-Ahh, Up the Rah, while shouting that they are the "Most feared supporters in Europe".

Which is why virtually nobody bothered their arse with them.

It's not just the locals.

I was in Pitlochry yesterday while a load of Celtic supporters made their way from the bus to the offy, singing "Ooh-Ahh, Up the Rah, while shouting that they are the "Most feared supporters in Europe".

Which is why virtually nobody bothered their arse with them.

The Bogle will sort them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Its more shameful for Fraserburgh for abusing the people.

Very bizarre bump but good to see that my vote for Fraserburgh in the 'worst town in Scotland' thread is a top contender.

There will be the same mix of people i would say, this carry on goes on every weekend in every city - in the cities its less news worthy though

Im from up north and there is a lot of fighting drug taking drink driving amongst normal folk but its a part of the way of life up there, i dare say if there was more stuff to do people there would still opt to get pished anyway. There is more to do now I'm living in Edinburgh but drinking seems to be the most enjoyable option for most people i know

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :P

Based on the last time I was there Oban is basically Hamilton with a harbour.

:lol:

oban is a bizare place , was in a pub before heading over to the ferry on mull and a local asked me and my pals where we were going and he told us "mull is awryt , its just fulla teuchters " in perhaps the most teuchter sounding voice i have ever heard . cornette.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-24804198

Multiple arrests in Fraserburgh over the weekend relating to assault, drink driving, pissing in public etc.

Does the North of Scotland and the Highlands have a more loutish element to it than the more civilised and peace loving central belt and South?

Does the fact that there is less to do "oop north" and less daylight in your average day contribute to this shameful behaviour?

Friends... discuss.

North/South divide? Sound familiar. .....

:lol:

oban is a bizare place , was in a pub before heading over to the ferry on mull and a local asked me and my pals where we were going and he told us "mull is awryt , its just fulla teuchters " in perhaps the most teuchter sounding voice i have ever heard . cornette.png

TBF to most a teuchter is a person of gaelic speaking origin.

TBF to most a teuchter is a person of gaelic speaking origin.

I disagree. I'd say most people in Scotland don't know that and instead just think it means anywhere where's there's potentially a tractor in sight.

Archived