90s Emo

bullywee

I'm a bit of newcomer to this genre (being only 3 years old when American Football's self-titled came out) and that's thanks to the controversial 'emo-revival' that's been going on. If you haven't listened to any of the newer bands I'd definitely recommend 'You Blew It!'

I see American Football are back together and touring (in America). No mention of any new albums though.

I just stuck on the album to reminisce.

I think they're just touring the anniversary or something like that. I hope they come over here. Seeing Finch do their debut was surreal enough, but seeing AF might actually make my head explode.

I think they're just touring the anniversary or something like that. I hope they come over here. Seeing Finch do their debut was surreal enough, but seeing AF might actually make my head explode.

I saw Finch touring What it is to burn when it came out. Amazing gig at the lemon tree in Aberdeen. Supported by Brand New who were also awesome.

• 3 months later...

I saw Finch touring What it is to burn when it came out. Amazing gig at the lemon tree in Aberdeen. Supported by Brand New who were also awesome.

I was at that gig. Very good. Would love to see Brand New again, but no desire to watch any band surrounded by a bunch of young uns.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone listened to The Hotelier? Recently started listening to their album 'Home, Like Noplace is There' and been chaining it since. Can't link because I'm on a shitty tablet but 'In Framing' and 'Your Deep Rest' are well worth a listen for anyone interested.

Going to see them in Melbourne in a few weeks and it'll be the first decent gig I'll have been to in about 2 years.

Edited by bullywee

Anyone listened to The Hotelier? Recently started listening to their album 'Home, Like Noplace is There' and been chaining it since. Can't link because I'm on a shitty tablet but 'In Framing' and 'Your Deep Rest' are well worth a listen for anyone interested.

Going to see them in Melbourne in a few weeks and it'll be the first decent gig I'll have been to in about 2 years.

Great band. Saw them at a free gig in Bloc earlier this year and it was packed to the rafters. Couldn't actually see them because of how busy it was but they sounded really good.

Love every track on 'home...' But the intro, discomfort revisited and Dendron are my favourites.

• 6 months later...

Appleseed Cast were great on Friday. They played a really strong set, loved seeing them finish with Fishing The Sky, Forever Longing The Golden Sunsets and Fight Song. I've waited about 12 years to hear them live and it was as good as I'd hoped.

Listener was also really good. Infact all the bands were terrific! Well worth the admission.

• 2 months later...