Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

6 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I would never really considered Aberfeldy to have been a bad place to live. Not sure what acess refers to though?

It's based on drive times to:

 GP Surgeries  Fuel Stations  Post Offices  Retail Centres  Primary Schools  Secondary Schools

...and public transport times to:

 GP Surgeries  Post Offices  Retail Centres

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's based on drive times to:

 GP Surgeries  Fuel Stations  Post Offices  Retail Centres  Primary Schools  Secondary Schools

...and public transport times to:

 GP Surgeries  Post Offices  Retail Centres

Where from?

Worst by Criteria

Housing - Part Of Strathbungo, Glasgow's Southside

I joke that I probably stay in the worst flat in Strathbungo. Bit concerned now.

Hopefully they include Govanhill peasants in the same area when calculating this nonsense.

1 hour ago, Markka said:

I joke that I probably stay in the worst flat in Strathbungo. Bit concerned now.

Hopefully they include Govanhill peasants in the same area when calculating this nonsense.

Nope, very specifically the area to the NW of Queens Park (& SE of the railway).

That said, the worst housing bit (1/10) seems to be very specific to a bit beside Nithsdale Drive.  Queen & Regent Park Square don't seem to fare much more though (2/10) and the roads just north of Titwood (snigger) Road only score 3.  The overall rating for the aforementioned aren't actually all that bad though.  Mostly in the blue.

Eta: I think we've finally sussed out your 'Parts Unknown' location now.  ;)

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was in Airdrie town centre in Wednesday afternoon and can't understand how it never won. Maybe it has broken away to join a super league of shite places to live, competing with the likes of Aleppo and Sana'a.

Perhaps the assessors were murdered and somebody had to submit a wild guess.

Nope, very specifically the area to the NW of Queens Park (& SE of the railway).
That said, the worst housing bit (1/10) seems to be very specific to a bit beside Nithsdale Drive.  Queen & Regent Park Square don't seem to fare much more though (2/10) and the roads just north of Titwood (snigger) Road only score 3.  The overall rating for the aforementioned aren't actually all that bad though.  Mostly in the blue.
10/10 housing domain for me though.  8)   Let down by the school though, probably because of the adjacent estate.  <_>

Dont understand the scoring criteria as im in and out of houses in the southeast of Glasgow every day and Govanhill is far far worse than the area you describe!

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont understand the scoring criteria as im in and out of houses in the southeast of Glasgow every day and Govanhill is far far worse than the area you describe!

Lifted from the (Welsh) WIMD, which I presume is the same criteria as used for the SIMD:

Housing domain

Housing as a component of multiple deprivation is somewhat different to most other domains. Generally, housing tenure, age and type tend to influence measures of housing deprivation, as defined above. For example, different tenures of housing have varying regulations or standards applicable to them, which can influence housing quality. Therefore we would not always expect measures of housing deprivation to correlate strongly with overall deprivation.

Maybe there's an old Strathbungo tenement that still has lead piping or something.

Pray for Markka

Edited by Hedgecutter