Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

^^^ idiot found

It's always cute though to get the input of a moron who has a hard-on for Norn Ireland; the failed statelet that even residents of Fife get to roll their eyes in disgust at.

Belfast is by a country mile the worst dump I've ever visited, and I've been to both Sofia and Cowdenbeath.

Just let that sink in.

Cowdenbeath is Belgravia compared to the properly bad bits of darkest Fife.

Few years since I lived in Scotland but my top (?bottom) three:

Methil

Denny

Greenock

Met a girl from Denny once, not bad looking, accent was unbelievable. I've known people from Falkirk and none of them sounded remotely like her. Edited by Billy Dynamite

This.

Fife?

It's a dump. A brutal, soggy, windswept, post-industrial dump.

The fact the denizens refer to it as "The Kingdom" is a sweet-tasting treat. Imagine ruling the place and crying out "a horse, a horse, my Kingdom for a horse". You'd be fortunate to get a 3-legged mule with colic in exchange for the hole.

The only nice bits are those on the coast, and they're only lovely as long as you don't mind the North Sea flaying the skin from your cheeks as you admire the view.

Also, the only rich part is St Andrews, and if it isn't bad enough that you can see and smell Dundee from around there, the town is inhabited by asshole golfers, home-counties goons that let mummy and daddy down by not getting into oxbridge, and furious locals who can't afford to buy anymore.

I like the name given to there though. "The East Neuk". It sounds like an invite to atomically bomb the place off the map, which I hope is why the government expectantly located Leuchars nearby. Sadly the Russians let us down and didn't vapourise the whole region.

Finding it hard to argue with most of that. There are some other nice bits away from the coast though if you are prepared to look hard enough. Falkland etc.

Met a girl from Denny once, not bad looking, accent was unbelievable. I've known people from Falkirk and none of them sounded remotely like her.

Denny in all its glory http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11356219

Walk Around the Block member Brian McCabe said many residents wanted to see it pulled down as soon as possible.

He said: "The town centre looks like Beirut on a bad day. It's a blot on the landscape.

_49174946_plook_award.jpg

Image caption The Plook on the Plinth was collected on behalf of Denny by Walk Around the Block campaigners

"It's a lovely town but as soon as prospective house-buyers drive down the main street, the deal is off"

If you mean Springside between Irvine and Kilmarnock then its a village, and not a big one either.

Springside is pretty horrible but it's close proximity to major shopping and transport hubs like Irvine and Kilmarnock makes it nowhere near as bad as some of the towns on the Kilmarnock-Dumfries road though, New Cumnock being the worst.

Been to Fort William a few times too, minging.

Springside is pretty horrible but it's close proximity to major shopping and transport hubs like Irvine and Kilmarnock makes it nowhere near as bad as some of the towns on the Kilmarnock-Dumfries road though, New Cumnock being the worst.

Just back from Newton Stewart (not a bad wee town) but you pass some absolute dives on the way there and back regardless of what roads you take.

Maybole on the way home being a particular lowlight.

Also, and I'm sure I've probably already posted this on this thread, but I have lived in Dalry, Ayrshire and it has no redeeming qualities at all. Just an absolute shitehole of a place. Frequented by junkies and not even a petrol station which is a joke for a reasonably sized town.

Edited by Dindeleux

Noticed this thread today.

As i'm from Fraserburgh I thought I'd check to see how often my hometown had been mentioned, as it normally isn't far away from the top of any of these lists.

The P&B masses have not disappointed

Fort William gets a good press from the media because of its proximity to Ben Nevis. In reality it's a dull, grey cunthole with terraced council concrete jungles and piss-stained tramps roaming the high street.

And it's full of skinny betas with pot-bellies and v-cuts who think they're MMA fighters. Honestly, on a night out in Inverness, they come in groups of 4 or 5, sporting what can only be described as an M&M catalogue you get through your door, giving it the big 'un.

And the accent, goddamn that accent.

'major shopping hub like Kilmarnock'

Lol

Come to think of it, Aberdeen and all of its shitty commuter towns are just depressing. Grey buildings as far as the eye can see, and the locals wouldn't know patter if it slapped them in the face.

In fairness, a lot of Aberdeenshire towns that are now deemed 'commuter towns' are not bad - Inverurie is a nice wee place I've always thought. On the other hand, places such as Balmedie, Newtonhill, Portlethen etc all seem to be soulless places occupied by crappy 80s prefab housing and new Barrat/Stewarty Milne homes beside dual carriageways. I'm from Ellon, which I guess is in the middle of the two examples.

I'd like to add Cove the above post in the same (or possibly worse) bracket then Portlethen (assuming it's counted as a "town")

ETA: Despite the fact that a significant number of posters on this thread have yet to leave their Ma's house, let alone get north of Perth, I'm still surprised there's been so few mentions of Wick!

Edited by Raidernation

Noticed this thread today.

As i'm from Fraserburgh I thought I'd check to see how often my hometown had been mentioned, as it normally isn't far away from the top of any of these lists.

The P&B masses have not disappointed

I'm the same but with Larkhall, which I think has been mentioned a few times.

Edited by maplewell