Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Did we ever choose a winner?

Port Glasgow, Coatbridge & Blantyre are my bottom 3.

Blantyre is a fair shout.

It might not look as terrible as it used to, but the sheer amount of scumbags for such a small town is unbelievable. A very bigoted wee place as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of Fife's like a depressing version of The Hills Have Eyes

Fife aint that bad. It just has a very small gene pool. If it was populated by people who wernt inbred it would be better than edinburgh and Glasgow by a mile.

You could get a definitive answer to this questions from Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation statistics. The poorest areas in Scotland outwith Glasgow (a city) would be North Lanarkshire or Inverclyde so it will probably be Wishaw or Port Glasgow etc

I think something like 5 out of the 10 most deprived areas in Scotland are in or around Paisley.

Also places like the east end of Glasgow have been massively redeveloped over the last 20 years. I used to do voluntary work in some of the worst areas of Glasgow and today it is nothing like back in the 1990s. I'm not saying there is no poverty or social problems but compare Blackhill, Royston or Barrowfield now to 20 - 25 years ago and there is no comparison.

I think something like 5 out of the 10 most deprived areas in Scotland are in or around Paisley.

Also places like the east end of Glasgow have been massively redeveloped over the last 20 years. I used to do voluntary work in some of the worst areas of Glasgow and today it is nothing like back in the 1990s. I'm not saying there is no poverty or social problems but compare Blackhill, Royston or Barrowfield now to 20 - 25 years ago and there is no comparison.

post-16460-0-02519300-1441108614_thumb.p

Renton and Alexandria are the worst towns in Scotland. Horrible places populated by horrible people.

I remember nipping into the pub in Renton, Winnies i think it was called, after a doo at the bowling club. Some right sights in there. My mate nipped outside for a smoke and came back in with a burst nose as one of the wee neds hanging about outside cycled past and jabbed him. When we left not long after they were pelting us with bricks while we waited on a taxi. Taxi appeared and then refused to stop so had to walk out of area before i taxi would stop for us.

Great night.

I remember nipping into the pub in Renton, Winnies i think it was called, after a doo at the bowling club. Some right sights in there. My mate nipped outside for a smoke and came back in with a burst nose as one of the wee neds hanging about outside cycled past and jabbed him. When we left not long after they were pelting us with bricks while we waited on a taxi. Taxi appeared and then refused to stop so had to walk out of area before i taxi would stop for us.

Great night.

Didn't happen

• 4 months later...

I am currently in Fraserburgh. I believe the word bleak was created for this place. Just outside Fraserburgh is the delightfully named Gash. Has it got a museum I wonder? A school perchance? Who would admit to living in Gash? What is the collective term for the people of Gash?

I was grumbling about January the other day, but it could always be worse. Imagine January in Fraserburgh.

I suppose there's always someone worse off: the dead, cancer patients, residents of Fraserburgh.

I am currently in Fraserburgh. I believe the word bleak was created for this place. Just outside Fraserburgh is the delightfully named Gash. Has it got a museum I wonder? A school perchance? Who would admit to living in Gash? What is the collective term for the people of Gash?

I was grumbling about January the other day, but it could always be worse. Imagine January in Fraserburgh.

I suppose there's always someone worse off: the dead, cancer patients, residents of Fraserburgh.

Spare a thought for the residents of this street.

post-31698-0-62825600-1454346884.jpg

Stonehouse is fucking dire. My sister moved there with her (now ex) husband cos he wanted to stay near his family.Thank christ she moved away recently.Every house has some w****r cutting about with a Rangers top on.If you want to see " The Peepil" in the flesh then this shithole is the place.

At least you fit in. You could be a Celtic fan in Fraserburgh after all.