Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

I live in Larkhall,.... yes I know, the shame ....To be honest though I've found Stonehouse to be worse for sectarianism. Place is crammed full of bitter knuckle-dragging bigots.

Until last week I'd never heard of the place until I drew Stonehouse Violet in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup on Football Manager.

Google streetviewed and it just struck me as that sort of place despite being not too rundown or whatever.

;)

To be fair, a blue & white Asda in Larkhall is believable. They changed the Subway sign from it's standard green, white and yellow colour sceme to black, white & yellow (the only one in the world), plus the towns Moss chemist store had to change it's sign from the usual green & white to blue & white because it keep being vandalised.

post-15201-0-28492900-1404748318_thumb.jpost-15201-0-34608300-1404748333_thumb.j

To be fair, a blue & white Asda in Larkhall is believable. They changed the Subway sign from it's standard green, white and yellow colour sceme to black, white & yellow (the only one in the world), plus the towns Moss chemist store had to change it's sign from the usual green & white to blue & white because it keep being vandalised.

attachicon.gifIN6780739Black-instead-of-g.jpegattachicon.gifBlue Moss4.jpg

They certainly used to have the black version of the sign in certain areas of Belfast, although a quick check on Googlemaps tells me that at least they've come to their senses there.

Belfast... more progressive than Larkhall :lol:

I remeber back in the 80`s the council painted the railings at the wee park in Larkhall green only for the locals to paint them red , white and blue overnight !!

It's regular for the Kerbs in certain steets in Larky to be painted red, white and blue before the big walk every year. There was also outrage when the electric boxes were painted green in the town .They've now been changed to a dull grey.

Have you every been to Forth in Lanarkshire?

The land that time forgot. Also has the odd house flying union jacks and red hands outside.

A giant lived there.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=8826U52PFMbdOoOQgbgJ&url=http://www.thetallestman.com/georgegracie.htm&cd=5&ved=0CDEQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNHcojGxFB168EnsUFOLvYmc71RPuw

Try feeling my pain. Through no choice of my own born and indoctrinated as a catholic but supported Rangers from early age till approx 14.(cos my friends did) Bullied like fook at catholic school as a result. Now 45 like watching Celtic cos my new friends do Bullied like fook wherever I go. (well verbal abused lol cos I stay in Stonehouse). When in reality I am a total Athiest I dont believe in any Gods at all and actually believe we were visited by ancient aliens but that's another story. Check my user name cos that's how I feel why does religion need to be the root of so many problems worldwide.

Try feeling my pain. Through no choice of my own born and indoctrinated as a catholic but supported Rangers from early age till approx 14.(cos my friends did) Bullied like fook at catholic school as a result. Now 45 like watching Celtic cos my new friends do Bullied like fook wherever I go. (well verbal abused lol cos I stay in Stonehouse). When in reality I am a total Athiest I dont believe in any Gods at all and actually believe we were visited by ancient aliens but that's another story. Check my user name cos that's how I feel why does religion need to be the root of so many problems worldwide.

You tell them seamus

I remeber back in the 80`s the council painted the railings at the wee park in Larkhall green only for the locals to paint them red , white and blue overnight !!

Surprised they didn't paint the grass too.

The Ayrshire mining towns really are dreadful little places, but to be honest the Lanarkshire towns of Kirkmuirhill, Stonehouse, Wishaw, Overton, Larkhall, Lesmahagow, etc are equally bad, if not worse, in places.

Stonehouse in particular is a concentrated little gathering of seething bigotry and hatred crammed into one small hamlet.

I was just thinking this today. I grew up in Lanarkshire and go back occasionally to visit the folks. It really is the most depressing place on the planet.

I really don't think that this kind of thing is unique to Dunfermline or rest of Fife tbf. Most towns large enough to have nightclubs of a reasonable size seem to be the same for whatever reason. I've seen fights in the street every time I've been to Elgin as one example (yes, choice of Joannas or being on lonesome for rest of night).

However... and as somebody that spent most of their time growing up in West Fife, I hate to say this, but Dunfermline seems to have an abnormally high percentage of 'special' people. As someone who travels the length and breadth of Scotland by public transport I specifically notice this almost every time I encounter the bus station there. Read into that what you will.

Probably all getting the bus to Inverkeithing. That town is like a failed social experiment.

• 1 year later...