Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Renton and Alexandria are the worst towns in Scotland. Horrible places populated by horrible people.

I reckon Hamilton and Blantyre is COMPLETELY full of scum having to deal with he c***s on a day to day basis, your EK punters are ok though :whistle

Edited by Paul Cicero

Sorry Lex but wrong 1870 more like....I lived more or less my life in Fife 3 to 18 with comings and goings with father having jobs here and there all over the world but kept heading back to the Kingdom. I completely agree that the place is a shitehole, full of arsholes (well where would all the shite come from). Places like Cardenden(Bowhill), Ballingry & Lochgelly are no go zones for outsiders (even for other Fifers).

For all the Fifer out there older than 30 must have heard or been to the Bowhill Club, think of Deliverance movie, with 200 folk drinking, dancing & fighting, cheep drink tho, ken

There is something in this, feel that there's too many aggressive or angry people when you go for a night out in Fife.

Was away all day on Sat came back to Dunfermline and witnessed a pavement ned having an arguement with a bus passenger ned. Kinda ruined my day to think this is what I'm coming back to. Was up North hillwalking and spoke to lots of friendly people and there wasn't one bit of aggressive behaviour.

Also when you read the local paper it's full of stories about fights, drugs and generally depressing stuff.

Dunfermline never used to be like this, or maybe it did but anyway I do think there's a high percentage of total fannies.

There is something in this, feel that there's too many aggressive or angry people when you go for a night out in Fife.

Was away all day on Sat came back to Dunfermline and witnessed a pavement ned having an arguement with a bus passenger ned. Kinda ruined my day to think this is what I'm coming back to. Was up North hillwalking and spoke to lots of friendly people and there wasn't one bit of aggressive behaviour.

Also when you read the local paper it's full of stories about fights, drugs and generally depressing stuff.

Dunfermline never used to be like this, or maybe it did but anyway I do think there's a high percentage of total fannies.

I really don't think that this kind of thing is unique to Dunfermline or rest of Fife tbf. Most towns large enough to have nightclubs of a reasonable size seem to be the same for whatever reason. I've seen fights in the street every time I've been to Elgin as one example (yes, choice of Joannas or being on lonesome for rest of night).

However... and as somebody that spent most of their time growing up in West Fife, I hate to say this, but Dunfermline seems to have an abnormally high percentage of 'special' people. As someone who travels the length and breadth of Scotland by public transport I specifically notice this almost every time I encounter the bus station there. Read into that what you will.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Haven't looked through all the pages but haven't seen many people mention Bathgate. The majority of the small towns of west lothian are grim as f**k but Livingston isn't too bad compared to total shitholes like Whitburn, Blackburn, Armadale and especially Bathgate.

Haven't looked through all the pages but haven't seen many people mention Bathgate. The majority of the small towns of west lothian are grim as f**k but Livingston isn't too bad compared to total shitholes like Whitburn, Blackburn, Armadale and especially Bathgate.

A girl I was good friends with at uni married a guy from Armadale and moved there after she graduated. The gradual self-destruction I've seen through Facebook has been sad to watch. Unemployed, double the weight, idiotic posts, Glasgow is seen as a big day out etc etc.

The Armadale on Skye is nice though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Pish, they are all better than Livingston. Livingston is somewhere to sleep when you're not at work or out.

The Ayrshire mining towns really are dreadful little places, but to be honest the Lanarkshire towns of Kirkmuirhill, Stonehouse, Wishaw, Overton, Larkhall, Lesmahagow, etc are equally bad, if not worse, in places.

Stonehouse in particular is a concentrated little gathering of seething bigotry and hatred crammed into one small hamlet.

The Ayrshire mining towns really are dreadful little places, but to be honest the Lanarkshire towns of Kirkmuirhill, Stonehouse, Wishaw, Overton, Larkhall, Lesmahagow, etc are equally bad, if not worse, in places.

Stonehouse in particular is a concentrated little gathering of seething bigotry and hatred crammed into one small hamlet.

Have you every been to Forth in Lanarkshire?

The land that time forgot. Also has the odd house flying union jacks and red hands outside.

I worked for a plumbing company based in Stonehouse so I've been round almost every dark corner of Lanarkshire, it really is a depressing place, can't say I really remember Forth though so couldn't have been there often, if at all.

Pass marks to some places like Strathaven and Glassford though.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

I live in Larkhall,.... yes I know, the shame ....To be honest though I've found Stonehouse to be worse for sectarianism. Place is crammed full of bitter knuckle-dragging bigots.

I live in Larkhall,.... yes I know, the shame ....To be honest though I've found Stonehouse to be worse for sectarianism. Place is crammed full of bitter knuckle-dragging bigots.

Without a doubt, I was regularly asked if I was a "left-footer" before people would let me in their house to work.