Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Really? Although it's a grey and dull rainfest, there are far, far worse towns in Scotland than Greenock....off the top of my head:

Alloa, Kilmarnock, Airdrie, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Port Glasgow, Livingston, Methill, Cumbernauld

How the f**k is Dunfermline worse than Greenock?

Plus it has the word "Meth" in it. Not a lot of people think about that.

This place hasn't got much going for it then

http://www.maplandia.com/iran/mazandaran/shit/hotels/

Edit to add the shit map!!!

http://www.maplandia.com/iran/mazandaran/shit/

Edited by I'm Brian

It pains me to largely agree with the article (although I think most of their choice was influenced by the high profile nature of the abomination that was The Scheme)

I'd love to defend it by saying "think of the history, there's actually a lot of interesting places and people" but you can say that about anywhere. I like to think Killie is still in a state of regeneration but it's been fighting a losing battle for years.

There's plenty of really nice places in Kilmarnock. Loads of them. But the minority of places inhabited by junkies get all the press. The town centre just seems to attract them as well

Yeah, but have you noticed how people from East Kilbride always think it's fucking brilliant and can't understand why we don't all live there too, so maybe it's not all bad.

They also love saying "if the weather like this down here it'll be much worse in East Kilbride" and going home at the slightest hint of snow.

Really?I'm from EK and most people here seem to acknowledge that it's a top class Shi'ite hole. It might be a generational thing though.

As ever people completely overlooking the fact that most medium-to-large Scottish towns are much of a muchness - there's not much to do, some shite parts, some really nice parts, and crime isn't really a big deal.

The worst places to live are schemes either within cities or on the outskirts (Possilpark, Parkhead, Ferguslie, Niddrie) or shitey inbred villages in the arse end of nowhere with no escape (Fallin, High Valleyfield, Merkinch, Shortlees, Newton Stewart, etc).

Other than that it's all one big cockwaving contest. "We've got a new cinema", "aye but we've got a bowling alley", "your high street is shite", etc.

Edited by Paco

Brechin, Dreadful just dreadful

^^^ Still bitter about yesterday. ^_^

The bit at the bottom of the hill isn't the nicest of areas though, I'll give you that. To nominate it in this thread implies you seriously need to travel around a bit more though. Saying that, I'd probably be questioning you if you decided to go to such places without any real need to (hence why most of the places on this thread largely get nominated from away day experiences)

Really?I'm from EK and most people here seem to acknowledge that it's a top class Shi'ite hole. It might be a generational thing though.

Maybe, I work with quite a few people from EK and they pure love it. They even managed to persudae us to have a Christmas night out there once. We went bowling then to a nightclub called Crystals. It was pretty grim, but I was steaming and had a good laugh.

As someone who moved to Kilmarnock a couple of years ago I can safely say it is a half-decent place to live. Certainly better than a lot of other towns in Ayrshire as it has everything in it that you could need. Of course the town has suffered from M77/Silverburn which has taken a lot of custom out of the town but in general Kilmarnock is quite a good town.

As with a lot of towns ( in Ayrshire anyway ) Kilmarnock seems to struggle due the local council wanting to charge people an arm and a leg to park in the main street or local area.............and driving people away.