Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

I'm sure there is / was.

Probably on display in Methil Tourist Information Centre.

A county of contrast. St Andrews to Cardenden

Out of sheer boredom I went on Google Maps once and was looking at East Kilbride. I genuinely couldn't find the Town Centre. :huh:

Enter roundabout and take the 1st exit. Enter roundabout and take the 4th exit. Enter roundabout and take the 3 exit. Reculculating.

Really? Although it's a grey and dull rainfest, there are far, far worse towns in Scotland than Greenock....off the top of my head:

Alloa, Kilmarnock, Airdrie, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Port Glasgow, Livingston, Methill, Cumbernauld

I would have Kilmarnock above a few of those in that list.

Greenock, unless it has changed substantially I have always found a grim, depressing and threatening place. Of towns of a similar size I would place it firmly at the bottom.

The view from Lyle Hill and the walk along the front. IMO that's about it.

The single worse place I have ever been to in Scotland would have to be New Cumnock

East Kilbride, no contest.

Yeah, but have you noticed how people from East Kilbride always think it's fucking brilliant and can't understand why we don't all live there too, so maybe it's not all bad.

They also love saying "if the weather like this down here it'll be much worse in East Kilbride" and going home at the slightest hint of snow.

Really? Although it's a grey and dull rainfest, there are far, far worse towns in Scotland than Greenock....off the top of my head:

Alloa, Kilmarnock, Airdrie, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, East Kilbride, Port Glasgow, Livingston, Methill, Cumbernauld

...Paisley.

It always amazes me that people who list Greenock in these threads invariably seem to forget about Port Glasgow, which most will have driven through to get there. Port Glasgow was much worse than the little bit of Greenock I saw.

Methil still sticks out as the obvious choice for me. It looks horrible, there's f**k all there and the locals look ill. Kirkcaldy is hardly a fantastic place, but it's a far, far better place to live by comparison.

Edited by Michael W

Methil still sticks out as the obvious choice for me. It looks horrible, there's f**k all there and the locals look ill. Kirkcaldy is hardly a fantastic place, but it's a far, far better place to live by comparison.

Plus it has the word "Meth" in it. Not a lot of people think about that.