Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

On 05/12/2021 at 10:55, Thorongil said:

Kilmarnock is awful. I was in Airdrie last week for the first time in ages and what a fucking state. 
The entire Irvine Valley - Galston, Newmilns and Darvel should shame East Ayrshire Council for all time. 

Ayr is an absolute hovel compared to what is should be like. It should be like Perth of Inverness.

At times I despair of the lack of ambition of my fellow residents of Scotland and what they are willing to accept.

The Tories is South Ayr and half of Troon/Prestwick would be more than to keep it that way I feel. They never venture into North/East Ayr so what's the point in caring about those folk. Agree that Ayr could be a much nicer place if areas hadn't been left to rot.

The contrast between places like Alloway to schemes like White City and Lochside is depressing. We do now have a non tory local government as well as having booted Tories out of the Scottish and UK parliament seats. I fear the Tories c***s will be out in force again next time round for each though.

Agree with the grim nature of some of the villages. The east Ayrshire ones like Patna aren't helped at all by their isolation. Depressing, stuck in time wee places.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

The Tories is South Ayr and half of Troon/Prestwick would be more than to keep it that way I feel. They never venture into North/East Ayr so what's the point in caring about those folk. Agree that Ayr could be a much nicer place if areas hadn't been left to rot.

The contrast between places like Alloway to schemes like White City and Lochside is depressing. We do now have a non tory local government as well as having booted Tories out of the Scottish and UK parliament seats. I fear the Tories c***s will be out in force again next time round for each though.

Agree with the grim nature of some of the villages. The east Ayrshire ones like Patna aren't helped at all by their isolation. Depressing, stuck in time wee places.

Fucking Beeching.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I Googled and the only negative stuff I could find on Grantown was reviews of an RAF themed bar called The Craig which had some terrible one star reviews and some five star reviews which made the place sound even worse.

I did find this, a couple complaining of being attacked by cars and potato wielding foul mouthed locals.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands-islands/1746765/youths-drive-at-group-of-tourists-before-throwing-potatoes-at-them/

Edited by welshbairn

• 11 months later...

So so right about Greenock it's a hellhole full of depressed inebriated individuals. To make matters worse this town now boast new incomers from other parts of the uk they also bring thier shite with them. Dark drab and sullen good at destroying the properties they live in. Snd the roads they drive on with in their recyclable deadly aluminium foul smelling cars. But let us not fir get the shithole across the watter unholy ubiquitous Dunoon now a ghost town literally. All pubs shut during most of the week. Filthy smelly hotels check out trustpilot reviews. Dirty fly tippers have moved here. Bins everywhere. Foul smelling angry pig like inhabitants that live like primitive.  If you dont believe it try it cross the water. Taste it live it as that old corny tv ad said years ago.

So so right about Greenock it's a hellhole full of depressed inebriated individuals. To make matters worse this town now boast new incomers from other parts of the uk they also bring thier shite with them. Dark drab and sullen good at destroying the properties they live in. Snd the roads they drive on with in their recyclable deadly aluminium foul smelling cars. But let us not fir get the shithole across the watter unholy ubiquitous Dunoon now a ghost town literally. All pubs shut during most of the week. Filthy smelly hotels check out trustpilot reviews. Dirty fly tippers have moved here. Bins everywhere. Foul smelling angry pig like inhabitants that live like primitive.  If you dont believe it try it cross the water. Taste it live it as that old corny tv ad said years ago.
The view from Greenock golf course I have to say is spectacular.

58 minutes ago, clair said:

The Port, though, eh?

1 hour ago, clair said:

What an extremely weird post.

”recyclable deadly foul smelling aluminium cars” what?

1 hour ago, clair said:

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough,  to get it ready for the plow, the cabbages are coming now, the earth exhales. 

In my experience they are, however, able to punctuate and spell with equal alacrity.

11 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The answer is still Forth, I believe.

A bleak and curious wee place, for sure. At the back of beyond too.

Don't know if it was Sevco'd at some time in the distant past, but locals seem to insist on calling it The Forth.

Once home to George Gracie, at 7ft 3" Scotland's tallest man. So they have that, I suppose.