Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Speaking of cheese shops there used to be a cheese shop in Blairgowrie out the Bridge of Cally Road run by the most unwelcoming old couple you could meet, they actively disliked your presence in the shop, cheese absolutely stank out the place as well, either that or or it was the damp. One of them passed away and they shut the shop maybe 10 years ago, shame, they did a smashing selection of ice cream.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Grantown on Spey. What an absolute hole of a town. Dont get me wrong, im sure there are some great people there, but boy boy does it have wild youths. My sister stayed for a week in the town in February and witnessed abusive shouting (Seemingly random, directed at her though, they did not know who she was), she is 55, and was called a slut by a youth. At night the place is apparently a no go zone in the centre of town, they were not sure if the youths were homeless or not (Is there homelessness in the Highlands?), but a number of them were on drugs on at least two occasions when she was out. Because she was staying in the town, her group spent quite of time in the centre. She was speaking with a local manager of a hotel and they have had eggs on their windows, guests complain about the youths behaviour and more. So you may think its all fine in the Scottish Highlands but its not all that! We stayed at a hotel there two years ago for one night, although the pub was really, really rough in the High Street with some real characters that I can only remember from my younger years, people that you only knew their nicknames and not real names, it was great craic, but there are fights regularly there, a couple told us when we were in.

Grantown on Spey. What an absolute hole of a town. Dont get me wrong, im sure there are some great people there, but boy boy does it have wild youths. My sister stayed for a week in the town in February and witnessed abusive shouting (Seemingly random, directed at her though, they did not know who she was), she is 55, and was called a slut by a youth. At night the place is apparently a no go zone in the centre of town, they were not sure if the youths were homeless or not (Is there homelessness in the Highlands?), but a number of them were on drugs on at least two occasions when she was out. Because she was staying in the town, her group spent quite of time in the centre. She was speaking with a local manager of a hotel and they have had eggs on their windows, guests complain about the youths behaviour and more. So you may think its all fine in the Scottish Highlands but its not all that! We stayed at a hotel there two years ago for one night, although the pub was really, really rough in the High Street with some real characters that I can only remember from my younger years, people that you only knew their nicknames and not real names, it was great craic, but there are fights regularly there, a couple told us when we were in.
I've spent a decent amount of time there and know a good few folk who went to school there and still live there. Your report honestly sounds like it's describing a different town.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
21 minutes ago, Andreas12 said:

I've spent a decent amount of time there and know a good few folk who went to school there and still live there. Your report honestly sounds like it's describing a different town.

Seems pretty normal for someone to sign up to a football fans' forum specifically to go on a lengthy rant about social problems in a small Highland town.

Seems pretty normal for someone to sign up to a football fans' forum specifically to go on a lengthy rant about social problems in a small Highland town.
And now I think about it, what group of people were spending a lot of time in a town centre during a lockdown when shops were closed and it was absolutely Baltic in the Cairngorms that winter?

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
12 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

And now I think about it, what group of people were spending a lot of time in a town centre during a lockdown when shops were closed and it was absolutely Baltic in the Cairngorms that winter?

Ah, they’ll be back in a few days to change the post to some link selling shit anyway - wouldn’t worry about it. 

34 minutes ago, Andreas12 said:

I've spent a fair bit of time in Grantown with my father being in hospital recuperating there for a lengthy time and many football visits, and my only conclusion is that you and your sister are  tripadvisor wankers and con artists who got refused a discount on your hotel bill after threatening them and the town with bad reviews on social media. Amarite?

1 hour ago, Andreas12 said:

She deserved all she got!

Would be a great The Streets song. 

The horror.

Never come to the mainland again.