Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Or rent it through AirBnB all year round.

Can earn a far higher rate throughout August though.

Oberleutnant [mention=40259]throbber[/mention] doesn't give a f**k.

Exactly. I can just picture him strutting about town like a diet Shandon Par once he starts coining it in.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Can earn a far higher rate throughout August though.

Exactly. I can just picture him strutting about town like a diet Shandon Par once he starts coining it in.

It would be a healthy slimming programme for his girlfriend to do the turnarounds between guests.

I would have no moral dilemma renting my flat out on air B and B but I won’t be doing that as I need a place to live. Appreciate the advice though, I think I’ll stay put for maybe a year or 2 and think about moving when the mrs is about to fire out our second child.

I would have no moral dilemma renting my flat out on air B and B but I won’t be doing that as I need a place to live. Appreciate the advice though, I think I’ll stay put for maybe a year or 2 and think about moving when the mrs is about to fire out our second child.

If she doesn’t fire you out the door first. For being a fat useless drunk obviously.

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

Appreciate the advice though, I think I’ll stay put for maybe a year or 2 and think about moving when the mrs is about to fire out our second child.

That makes sense - a 2 year old, a new born and moving house.

On 11/02/2019 at 13:34, Darren said:

I was in Phillies on Friday and I get where you're coming from. I think I quite like it despite the whiff of pretension about it. I much prefer it to the west end and I'm really pleased I chose to buy in the south side.

Folks who move to the Southside chant this regularly in the hope they really start to genuinely believe it at some point.........

13 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Folks who move to the Southside chant this regularly in the hope they really start to genuinely believe it at some point.........

It's bound to change though or it'll buck the trends of almost every major city in the western world. Areas like Govan and Maryhill have always had a bad reputation but they must be hellish if gentrification isn't having a big effect on them just now. 

Easier said than done but if you can hold off for a couple of years it'll make a massive difference. See the Ladyboys of Bangkok was going to get set up in Pilrig Park for the Fringe this year, unbelievable how quickly the area's changing. 

@sjc no longer lives next to their usual site on fountainbridge

That may, or may not, be a coincidence

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

@sjc no longer lives next to their usual site on fountainbridge

That may, or may not, be a coincidence

:lol: It's supposed to be getting shifted back up to Fountainbridge.  The council tried to do it at Leith Links, had a load of objections then tried to sneak it through planning permission at Pilrig Park afterwards without anyone really knowing about it. Would never have worked well there imo it must be one of the biggest shows at the Fringe.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:
3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

The whole of Glasgow has been trying to persuade the rest of us that it is a nice place for the last thousand years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

What part of the southside is meant to be nice?

The only benefit I can see is that it’s less expensive and snooty than the west end.
That’s like saying mince is better than steak because it’s cheaper.

No it’s not.

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Off the top of my head, Muirend, Cathcart, Langside, Battlefield, Shawlands, Pollokshields (or is it Shaws .. can never remember), Mount Florida. 

Oh, and I appreciate these things happen all the time, but https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28918709

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The only benefit I can see is that it’s less expensive and snooty than the west end.
That’s like saying mince is better than steak because it’s cheaper.

I stay in Shawlands and Shawlands/Strathbungo is a cracking place to live with some cracking pubs/places to eat and a brilliant park on it's door step.