Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Has Drongan (only ever called Drungan in the local vernacular) had a mention yet. Truly awful seething sectarian cesspit with union jacks fluttering from many a bedroom window. New Cumnock, Dalrymple and Dalmellington are not far behind in the shite hole stakes.

This. Has to be seen to be believed. Horrendous place.

Gowkthrapple and Pather are just schemes in Wishaw. Bonkle's a weird one though, it's like someone papped three or four wee streets in the middle of a field.

Guy I used to work with came from there originally - goes without saying his nickname was The Man From B.O.N.K.L.E.

When Hugh Dallas first came on the go as a ref, was he not listed as from Bonkle. Pretty sure he was.

The original basis for this thread. I'm seeing a definite Wimpys to shit town pattern here.

It's inside The Garage, a bowling alley-cum-nightclub and stays open all night while the nightclub is on, so you can eat burgers whilst drunkenly dancing and falling over the lanes that separate the dancefloor from the Wimpy.

It's inside The Garage, a bowling alley-cum-nightclub and stays open all night while the nightclub is on, so you can eat burgers whilst drunkenly dancing and falling over the lanes that separate the dancefloor from the Wimpy.

...which is precisely why Kilmarnock is far from the worst town in Scotland.

Cumbernauld is woeful, Johnstone too. Can't actually believe someone had a pop at Kirkwall when there are places like Fraserburgh and f*cking Larkhall to 'visit'. Actually, special mention for Larkhall; culturally decrepit and an absolute jakepit, it absolutely needs razing.

Think there are lots of pictures to prove it, if you wade through the thread as you are not the first to put Rigside forward for this.

I couldn't risk looking to see if it had been mentioned, especially with pictures of it. That would have blew my case. It's an old memory I have of it, that's plenty. ????

There was still a Wimpy in Johnstone a couple or three years back - tucked in a wee mini shopping arcade.

Local dismay when it shut down apparently.

Is there one at M&D 's Park? Someone told me there was, but being as I despise fairgrounds, I haven't had the opportunity to confirm.

Edited by milton75