Talbot programme sells for sixteen bangers

Dipple burn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There does seem to be a real issue here, Burnie, with you actually understanding what goes on at Beechwood on a matchday, and the basis you seem to be working from is that everyone is a programme collector.

The programmes are sold in the club house before the game, as well as both ends of the ground.

The vast majority of Talbot fans are only too well aware of the popularity of Junior Cup programmes, as are other Junior collectors (probably has something to do with us having a modicum of success in said competition) and if they want a programme they'll get one, either by getting there early enough, or reading their mate's one at half time.

The £16 programme went to a very regular purchaser of Talbot's programmes from me on ebay. If he didn't want it that badly then he wouldn't have bid that much for it. That's a very simple answer, but it's wholly true. As Dipple says, there were 50 put aside for pre match orders. Something that's available to everybody.

You seem to want to take some kind of moral high ground, backed up with criticism of the club which simply isn't warranted. Ignorance is bliss...be happy!

Not really, the original point remains, demand outstrips supply (as it always does at these games apparently) and people who were at the game missed out, and if they really want one now have to cough up £16, not a great situation really.

They don't have to cough up £16, they choose to do so.

There does seem to be a real issue here, Burnie, with you actually understanding what goes on at Beechwood on a matchday, and the basis you seem to be working from is that everyone is a programme collector.

The programmes are sold in the club house before the game, as well as both ends of the ground.

The vast majority of Talbot fans are only too well aware of the popularity of Junior Cup programmes, as are other Junior collectors (probably has something to do with us having a modicum of success in said competition) and if they want a programme they'll get one, either by getting there early enough, or reading their mate's one at half time.

The £16 programme went to a very regular purchaser of Talbot's programmes from me on ebay. If he didn't want it that badly then he wouldn't have bid that much for it. That's a very simple answer, but it's wholly true. As Dipple says, there were 50 put aside for pre match orders. Something that's available to everybody.

You seem to want to take some kind of moral high ground, backed up with criticism of the club which simply isn't warranted. Ignorance is bliss...be happy!

Having produced programmes for over 20 years, this is an issue I have a little experience in, and take an interest in.

It's actually quite amusing the amount of bluster coming from those of a Talbot persuasion when trying to explain all this away. I merely made a very simple observation that a little better planning may not have gone amiss given previous sell-out experiences at these big games. It happens all the time apparently according to your first post on the thread.

That's all, followed by a suggestion that maybe a re-print of a few dozen copies would help satisfy demand at a reasonable asking price, and still turn a profit for the club.

You're the one complaining it's gone to three pages, it'll go to four if you keep this up! although I've said my piece now so I'll let you all get on with it.

• 8 months later...

Archived